Friday, October 4, 2024

Fall Never Fails.

Oh.....the sweetness of Comfy Clothes and Comfort Foods in the Fall.  

There's an undeniable amount of joy in pulling on soft sweaters, cozy socks, and being able to sit by the fire place, wrapped up in a soft blanket.  I love how comfort simply becomes the theme of the season!!  



I've never been a fashion enthusiast when it comes to comfy clothes.  Since I am home most days, I love wearing warm flannel PJ bottoms with a long sweat shirt, socks and my hair in a ponytail.  I will admit....I do not like for my feet to be HOT, so it is possible that I might have on my flip-flops.  

I have always been a SOUP lover.  Soups of all kinds are included in my fall menus.  The Summer plates suddenly transform with the season and our dinner menus include more of the heartier, warm dishes, like Chili, Frito Pie, Stews and Butternut squash with cream potatoes and meatloaf.    LOL....this is when indulgence begins!!!  



Fall foods aren't just about sustenance are they?   These warm dishes stimulate my brain, and my brain then tells me I am HAPPY, Happy, happy!  It is also about all  the feelings that make us giddy, like eating apple pie, pumpkin rolls, pecan pie, cakes, cookies and ALL kinds of desserts. .  



I know I have posted a good bit about the Fall season.  For me, there's nothing quite like this favorite season of mine.  It's beauty, it's balance, it's invitation to be still and reflective, brings comfort to my soul.  Fall never Fails.  
  
Shug....🎃


Chili Recipe:

1 Tbs olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 free bell pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 cups beef broth
18 ounce can tomato sauce
15 ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
15 ounce can pinto beans
15 ounce can kidney beans
3 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp cayenne

Directions:

In a large pot add the olive oil over medium heat.  Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
Sauté until almost tender.  Add in the ground beef, crumble and cook until brown.  

Add in the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne. 

Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it starts to thicken and flavors combine..  About 30 minutes. 

SERVE with Sour cream, cilantro, lime, Fritos and cheese.  

8 comments:

  1. Hello.. yum, yum! My husband makes the chili here at our house, he makes a good chili indeed. :-)
    I made a butternut squash soup using 1/2 cup of maple syrup, it was so good. It was a new recipe for me to try.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Fall after all my outside work is done and before it snows! Sometimes that is only a few days:) I am with you on the comfort foods, chili and soups:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I made a big pot of black bean and sweet potato chili-enough that it will show up again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chili recipe looks awesome! Keep on posting about fall, I love it! In fact, I like fall and winter food much more than in the warm months! The older I get, the more comfort over fashion matters to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pecan pie is my favorite pie of all times - but it is loaded with sugar.
    I would love your chili recipe.
    I made a veggie soup today - I went to Whole Foods yesterday and got some frst ones - it was sooooooooooooo good!
    Flip flops - might be a tad bit cold for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pecan pie. Lol. I rarely make a pecan pie. I love the "Fields" brand pecan pies. I buy them at Walmart. I will get you the chili recipe . Love soups of all kinds.

      Delete
  6. Your opening is (as the young people say) giving me all the feels! I do hope this is what Heaven's like. When I mentioned Frito pie, my Chicago native hubby looked at me like I'd grown a third eye. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out like what I remember, but that won't stop me from trying again. (Have you a recipe to share, perchance?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sent you a recipe for the Frito pie in email.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fall Never Fails.

Oh.....the sweetness of Comfy Clothes and Comfort Foods in the Fall.   There's an undeniable amount of joy in pulling on soft sweaters, ...