Sunday, September 15, 2024

Old Hymn



I heard this hymn this morning and thought 
would share with you!!



                                   Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine                                   Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine                                   Heir of salvation, purchase of God                                   Born of his Spirit, washed in His blood
This is my story, this is my songPraising my Savior all the day longThis is my story, this is my songPraising my Savior all the day long
                                                             Perfect submission, perfect delight                                                             Visions of rapture now burst on my sight                                                             Angels descending bring from above                                                             Echoes of mercy, whispers of love
This is my story, this is my songPraising my Savior all the day longThis is my story, this is my songPraising my Savior all the day long
Praising my Savior all the day long


I LOVE the old hymns!   🎹 🎶


Shug......







8 comments:

  1. Hi Shug~ I love that hymn! I especially love to hear, Alan Jackson singing it. It truly has a beautiful message!! Have a great week, dear friend! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know this hymn!!! Another blogger just posted one that we never heard of. I guess it depends on your particular religion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang this one at least once a week at church, we went 3 times a week, and Just as I am, Amazing Grace, Blessed Assurance and Revive us again were the top 4 hymns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely, one of my favorites, Shug. We sing that in our church frequently. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shug, I love the old hymns too. I have been actually humming one in my head lately. We have many new songs at the church now, but the old ones really get to me. Not just the words, but the melody.

    Have a blessed week, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny - when I am riding my bike, I made a list of songs and prayers to go through and this is one of them! I love it. So happy we are Christians.
    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Life is Like a Movie

Life is like a movie.......                   Life most definitely can be like a movie.  I know for me, I sometimes experience  1.  Mysterie...