Monday, March 11, 2024

Teaching Myself!

 My Daily Dose of Sugar:  ðŸ’« "Make today the day you learn something NEW!"


It just might be a myth about people who are Right brained  being creative.....I don't really know!

However, if it is true, then I am definitely on the Right side of my brain.  I love to create....decorate.....do art....arrange flowers....write.....make my own wreaths....and do anything that my mind can imagine.  

There are two things that I have always wanted to do, but have never jumped out there and even tried.   One is learning how to quilt.  I am fascinated by quilt making and I absolutely love hand stitched quilts.  My grandmother stitched some tops for quilts, but to my knowledge, never actually quilted them.  Other than that, no one in my family explored quilting.  


Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I am going to learn to at least make a quilt top!!
For....a thing of beauty is a JOY forever!

And then.......

I have always wanted to learn to crochet!
I have seen so many beautiful pieces that my blogging friends have made crocheting.  I know I can learn this!!  And guess what?  There are all kinds of you tube videos that teach you how to crochet.  


I have a good ways to go, but I know I can do this!  Can't promise that you will be seeing any crocheted sweaters coming soon, but surely I can make a simple blanket.  

Right now.....I am working on my watercolor projects during the day, and learning to crochet at night.  


Live life to the fullest, one joyful moment at a time!!

Shug.....❗





4 comments:

  1. I can hand quilt but do not enjoy it, I love to crochet. If you go to my blog on the left side is a search block and you can search for crochet to see some of my projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you are learning to crochet, Shug. I am fascinated with homemade quits too. My sister has sewed quilts in her life, and I've always thought it was such a talent. That color you used to crochet is so pretty, and soft. Keep showing us your progress. It's such a special thing.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your water colors! I used to crochet! I look forward to your updates about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Shug! You will definitely be able to do both things - you have a creative heart, and mind to learn - will look forward to hearing where your creative journey takes you! Maybe you can join a quilting group or needlework group and learn from others. Our area has a large quilting group that gets together to do classes. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Positive Vibes

Positive vibes today!!    🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼 Look at this cutie!!  Is it a Baby owl? No way!!  that would make for a very small baby owl.   I was ou...