Sunday, September 28, 2014

To Frame or Not to Frame!

I know.....I know.......There is a Christmas Painting posted on my header.

Not just any Christmas painting......This is our (Thomas Kinkade)  Limited Addition...."Holiday Gathering" painting, that Sam and I purchased about 17 years ago.   A signed painting, by the artist himself! 




For several years now, I have had it packed away in a very safe area.   As the years have passed, the frame has become a thing of the past......for me!  The frame just simple does not blend with my decor of today.

I know that I could have it RE-FRAMED......but I simply would prefer NO FRAME!


See!!   There's just something about the frame that is out of style to me.

Since our home is going to be shown in the "Christmas Tour of Homes".......I would love to be able to have it hanging somewhere in the house....

Question is.......What to do about the frame??




I thought about taking it out of the frame and just hanging the canvas, however......Thomas Kinkade did not paint the sides of this painting.    If I try to do it myself, I risk losing value ($$$$) in this beautiful painting.   

So.....my fellow blog friends......I'm asking you, what you would do?

Use it as it is?  Don't use it at all and put it back in storage?
Take it out of the frame and display the canvas as is?  OR....
re-frame the thing?


Your thoughts will certainly be appreciated!!!

Hugs,
Shug ~






7 comments:

  1. Oh wow!
    I'm not sure... I say use it as it.
    Definitely DON'T PAINT THE SIDES.
    But DON'T STORE IT EITHER.
    I'm sorry, I know I'm really no help.
    it is lovely,
    I say USE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Michaels or some other place that frames, pick out what you like and let them frame it. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say leave it as it is... Is there something wrong with the frame???? I like it --and love the canvas... I love Thomas Kinkade --and to have a painting signed by him is truly awesome. That is perfect to hang during the Christmas season for the Tour of Homes.

    What an honor to be chosen as one of the homes for people to visit during the Tour of Homes... You'll have lots of work planning and preparing this one --but you'll love it. Why not show off your gorgeous home???? NEAT!!!

    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ginny, all else fails, go to Michaels, they have excellent ideas, at least the one by me does. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks pretty as it is but whatever you do...have it reflect your style and don't worry about the value. Make it work for you...you're the one that will have it in your home to enjoy. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Michael's too.
    But I would use it either way.

    Could you pop it out of the frame and change the frame color?

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, what a dilemma! Sorry, Shug, I have no idea what to tell you, though I do agree that the frame is a little dated. Maybe that lends charm to the piece? It is quite beautiful. Best of luck whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...