Sunday, November 17, 2013

Things you probably don't know.......

On Facebook......several of my friends are playing a game.

A friend gives you a number and you then, have to list

(whatever your number is) that many things that others 

might not know about you!

For those of you who do not follow me on FB, here was my

list!!


Thanks to my beautiful friend (Georgia Wright)....my number is 9.

1. I'm not fond of the USUAL!!.... I like the "UNIQUE"


2. I'm a Flip Flop girl....Seriously! My little piggies do NOT like to be closed in!! I even wear flip flops in the Winter months!!!


3. I LOVE to journal.....LOVE to write! (Mrs. Eva Tompkins would be proud of me)


4. I read magazines and the newspaper, from the BACK to the FRONT! (I know, I know)


5. Meat and Chicken are not for me. I'm probably one of the very few, who orders a hamburger, cut the meat! Shrimp and crab legs....I love!


6. I rarely drink anything that is Luke Warm.....I like my drinks icy cold or super hot!


7. Our bed has to be made up every morning....as soon as I get out of bed, in order for my day to start well.... unmade beds and cluttered homes....drive me crazy!!


8. I'm the BEST grandmother, wife, mother and daughter in the world....Hey, just speaking the truth as I see it!!!!!!!!


9. I am a super POSITIVE person.....I don't have time for negativity in my life!!


CAN I JUST ADD ONE MORE THING?
10. I certainly hope that this one is something that EVERYONE "KNOWS" about me....
I LOVE THE LORD AND MY DESIRE IS TO SERVE HIM IN EVERY CAPACITY OF MY LIFE!


Dear me.......this list could go on and on.....after all, 

I am a very different kind of gal.

1.  I once owned my own flower shop......and loved it!   Lots of hard work!!

2.  I married my High School Sweetheart!  We started (going together) on

March 13, 1968.......Not once, did we ever break up!   Love this guy!!

3.  I am deathly scared of snakes!

4.  For five years, I was a very sick lady.   A few of these years, I can barely 

remember.    I finally found a doctor who recognized my severe hormone 

problems....    Four weeks after this doctor did surgery....   I was back to 

being the old me!!    Can't believe that the other doctors were so blind  and so 

much in denial that hormone deficiencies can be a life or death issue!

5.  I had a very difficult time in school, because...... I was way too SHY to ask 

questions or ask for HELP..... for fear of being wrong or of people looking at 

me.

6.  I did not pursue any of my life dreams....because I never made it out of my 

shy stage until I started blogging........(January 2010)     Since then.....It's like 

I've become a brand new person!!

7.  My first cousin (Molly) was my very best friend growing up.    I rarely see

her now and we only live 10 miles apart.

8.  I vote.......but I do not like politics.

9.  I absolutely LOVE antiques!!

10.  Comfort is important to me.    I don't like to dress to be seen...I like to 

be comfortable!  It's not that I don't dress up.....it's just that ever chance I

get, I wear comfy!!



Sure hope I haven't bored any of you!!   Just thought this was a cute game!


You are blessed by the Lord moment by moment; 

for with every breath, we have an opportunity to 

praise Him, serve Him, love HIM.


Shug ~







5 comments:

  1. Oh, Shug, it's so nice getting to know more about what makes you YOU! Such an interesting and diverse list, but I'm with you on #7 (and #10 of course). Clutter of any kind makes me very grumpy, crazy, all those things! HOpe you have had a blessed Sunday with your sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about you makes me wish we could get together for a cup of coffee and a nice long visit.Your blog is one I look forward to reading every time.Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love it and so neat to learn more about you. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little confused. Are both lists yours? I assume that they are. I had no idea that you had been sick for a long time. That must have been scary.

    I'm staying FAR away from those lists on FB… Don't have time for that --but enjoy reading what others write…

    I would never know you are a POSITIVE person…. HA HA HA---just kidding. You are one of the most positive people I know.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun getting to know our blogging friends better. I hate unmade beds, too. I had a craft shop and also worked in a flower shop at one time. I was pretty shy in school, too, but came out of that when my children were older and I started working again in public. I also love antiques or repurposing old things, but love some new things, too, and putting my own scratches on them. Yep, we have quite a bit in common. Oh, I'm definitely all about comfort!! And, hate to be around negative people! Okay, I'll be quiet now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...