Sunday, December 12, 2010

Celebrations Galore

Goodwill Shopping.....

Oh what a day...Much to do this week!  2 Birthdays!

Can you believe that people are allowed to have birthdays
just before Christmas? 

Well......My sweet Dad turns the big 80 this coming Friday and Tori will be 9 on the 20th.  We will be celebrating her big day this coming Wed.

Sugar Baby (that being Tori) will be honored with a "Tea Party".........

Trista and I shopped at goodwill this afternoon and we hit the jackpot.....Ten pair of HIGH heel shoes for $10.00
I'm thinking it was a great buy!  These shoes are pink, bright green, red, black, and purple.....These little girls are going to be styling!

Not only did we find shoes, but we found prom dresses galore!  What little girl does not want to dress up in real Prom Dresses?  I can't wait for the party and I can't wait to see the look on Tori's face.  After all, this is the same little granddaughter whose first thoughts about her birthday party were to meet at my house with all her friends.  I would take the "girly girls" shopping at the mall, and Pops would take the "Tomboy girls" to the farm to hunt!...Oh geez...she makes me laugh!!  By the way, I ask her if she was going to be in the group shopping and she said, "NO WAY, I'M GOING HUNTING WITH POPS"

Next will be my Dad's party....We are combining his 80th birthday party with his Christmas get together....
I am excited about this one too!  Since he is having some difficulty with the dementia, I feel that this is one year that we need to celebrate "Big" for him.....

We are meeting at a farm house down in the country and I know he is absolutely going to love it....There is a fire pit with rocking chairs all around it for us to sit and visit for ever how long he wants to talk.  The meal is being catered, so the only thing left for us to do is play games and have a wonderful time....

This certainly is going to be a very busy week, but I guess that is why they call it hustle and bustle of Christmas time....
I'm not going to lie....I love every bit of it!

Shug Sez.....

Don't you wish you knew what kind of vitamins I take?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...