Monday, June 22, 2020

Hey Friends.....I've been missing you all.  I have great news!  Our home is somewhat put back together.   For those that didn't know, our house had water damage due to one of the commodes getting hung and pouring out water all over my wood floors.   

When we came home that day, there was about an inch and half of water standing in two rooms.



I am super pleased with the new flooring.  I went with wood plank tile and so far, it has been easy to keep.

~ ~ ~ ~

Sam and I had a fabulous trip to California!!  It was great to see our kids and to finally get to hold our new baby girl.   It was the BEST feeling to get to hold her close and to get to smell that new born smell.   

~~~~~~



Beautiful place..





Proud Pops moment......


Face Mask were required on our flight, for which I was very thankful, and California still required Face mask almost every place that we went.   

We only had one problem on this trip.   Sam (somehow) lost his Drivers License at the airport that we flew out of.   You definitely need your license when you are flying.   We were not sure that he was going to be able to get on the plane for our flight home......BUT, he explained the situation and he did have two other picture ID's, so he did get to fly home with me.    Woo Hoo.

When we left, they had just finished our floors the day before.   This meant that when we returned, we would have to move all the furniture back where it goes.   

I'm super thankful for grandsons that can easily move heavy furniture.   

Hope all is good for you all...
Hugs, 
Shug....

   


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are back in order. I’m also happy that you got to have some cuddle time with that little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time you had some really good things happen! Your floor is very pretty, and the baby is beautiful!! I can't remember if you have said her name. What is your header?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sorry about your water damage --but I love the new floors...

    So glad you got to visit the California kids and the new Granddaughter.... I know that both you and Sam were in 7th heaven.

    George and I took our first trip last week. We went to the Pisgah Inn (on the Blue Ridge Parkway west of Asheville) and stayed 3 nights.... Had a great time ---and got to do some hiking and get to see some waterfalls (which as you know, we loved)....

    Take Care. Stay healthy!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the big water problem, those are not fun.

    Congratulations on the new addition to your family, very precious.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about the water damage. The new floors are gorgeous. Glad you got to see your loved ones. We flew out to Western NY last month to see our newlywed daughter and her hubby. It was so wonderful. They live on a place with lots of acreage. The peacefulness was amazing. I want to go back forever. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...