Sunday, May 20, 2018

Whirlwinds can be scary....they can be powerful.....and at times they can be deadly.    They can also be interesting to watch... {for some people}  There can even be whirlwind Romances!  

 Did you know that whirlwinds are mentioned several times in the Bible?

I actually feel as if I have experienced all of these things this weekend......So, I guess you could say I've been in a whirlwind.





Just look at these beautiful pictures of my lights!!!  
Sam worked all yesterday morning....hanging lights in my backyard.   I love they way they look.  

While he worked {so hard} in the yard.....I spent the morning at a Wedding Shower.  This cute little couple....well, they're like family.  Jake and Kailey......Jake is a first cousin to our grands on their dads side.

It was an awesome shower....They received so many wonderful gifts, and the ladies giving the shower did an outstanding job putting it together.  They served Mexican food, and each part of the meal was packaged in the cutest little bags, containers, and cups!  I'm so disappointed that I didn't get any pictures!!!  Very organized!

I came home and changed clothes so I could attend a funeral for a very dear lady in our church.  Earlier that morning....I fixed a casserole dish and delivered it to the church....Before going to the shower.  

This sweet lady was a young 51 years old.  She leaves behind her husband and 2 sons.  It was a beautiful home-going for Tracy.  

After the funeral, Sam and I went over to the hospital to see his cousin.  Patti has been battling cancer for several months now and has been in and out of the hospital numerous times.  Patti is our age and not only did she and Sam grow up as BEST cousin friends, but she and her family have always been so very special to us.  We have so many memories of crazy things that we have all done, over the years.  Special memories that last a lifetime.  

Our news while sitting with her at the hospital was not so good.  Her cancer is roaring it's ugly head and we can only hope for a miracle.  God is able!!

Again, this morning, we were at the hospital......sitting with Patti.  
It breaks my heart to see this beautiful lady....fighting for her life.

These past few days,  I have celebrated a "New beginning" and a "Celebration of life."   It has truly been a whirlwind kind of weekend.  


Enjoy your Blessings of each new day!

Shug 🌹


3 comments:

  1. Wow,thta has been quite the whirlwind. Sometimes it's hard to switch from happy moments to those very difficult ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug~

    You have been in a whirlwind! Your lights are gorgeous...I love lights in the backyard, just screams summer to me!

    Cancer can be so brutal, and yes, God can do anything! I love that positive attitude! I know that prayer can work miracles, so I will be praying for her with you.

    Death is just...going home, but it's so hard on those left here to wait their turn.

    Sounds like the, circle of life, and you are awesome!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those whirlwinds and must stay faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...