Monday, May 14, 2018

I know for sure that I will not be roller blading anytime during this season of my life.......  doing the "Chicken Dance" is all together a different thing.   I do believe that I can possibly dance like a chicken.  It might not be pretty, but it's movement!

My mind tells me that I'm spunky enough to do anything, but my body is screaming...."are you crazy....these old muscles have really shrunk ...and don't you dare think of stretching them!"

 Do you know what the fastest way to age is?  Especially after the collagen has dried up like a overcooked turkey?   It's losing weight!  Ok...so I haven't set any records on weight loss...or anything like that, but I have managed to lose a few pounds.   Heck....I thought losing weight was suppose to make you look better!!

The weight "genie" didn't bother asking me where I wanted to lose the weight at!  I certainly didn't want to lose it near a WRINKLE!!

What I've discovered is that Aging is not a disease!!  Let me repeat that.....Aging is not a disease.   It's Life!!

Aging doesn't have to be a number, and this is why I am still 49 for the fifteenth year......!  

My friends are my age......well, they're not 49....but most of us did graduate together back in 71'....   Even though we have seen many changes in life, our social vision has not changed at all.   We are all still active, and we always have a bag ready.....so we can hit the road and explore new adventures!


Have you ever stood at a cosmetic counter, reading and looking and reading and looking for the very BEST cream to take away the wrinkles?  This is gonna sound a little gruff coming from me, but every label is L-Y-I-N-G.   It's not true....these creams do not remove a decade of wrinkles.   They are deceiving us aging folks.

I'm on the verge of going naked!!  NOT my body!  I'm on the verge of going "face" naked..... Reason why?  because I slap on the creams and oils that are suppose to make me young looking....then I add the eye shadow and the eyeliner, which looks good for about an hour.  

Then it happens!!  The oil in the creams causes the make up the smear.   Especially eye make-up!  The next thing I know, I have huge black eye boogers in the corners of my eyes.    Oh, I know there are "Water Proof" make ups on the market....but, they're NOT
OIL PROOF from all the cream it takes to smooth the face.

Eye Cream....Eye Brow cream.....face cream....night cream....extra relief night cream....day cream....    I can only hope that this cream is not seeping in and clogging up my brain.  

Well.....this is my thoughts on aging!

As they say...aging is better than the alternative..

The truth is....There is Beauty in aging...it's called happiness!!

Hugs,
Shug 🌹












4 comments:

  1. I try to look on the positive side.We are all aging at the same rate.As for the weight,yes,I should lose a few pounds, but I don';t want the 'old' wrinkles. I told someone recently that I was 49 plus shipping and handling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 100 pounds, none of it where I needed it!! You are totally right about the creams and potions! There is big money to be made from ageing seniors...sad but true. When I was young and worked, I would spend hours on my makeup. and I looked good. But long ago, I stopped wearing ANY makeup. If I am going out to see anyone, or to a meeting, I wear lipstick. And that is all. It saves so much time and trouble! I love your beautiful country header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm trying to lose some pounds now, not easy! I still wear light makeup every day even though I've been retired for years, and I quit buying all those creams that don't work years ago. You're right, they're LYING! Only use Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream now and love it. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    You always make me smile :0) I know what you mean! I can lose 5 pounds and I look like my face shriveled up! But, kudos to you for losing weight, it's such a hard thing to do! I usually only wear makeup to church on Sunday, but I always put on my eyebrows, a little mascara, lipstick and blush to make my cheeks rosy! You are beautiful, Shug, inside and out!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...