Sunday, December 3, 2017

My actions have not been very good as a role model for those around me.  Especially, when it comes to decorating for Christmas.   Truthfully, I've been moving more like a snail crawling in the snow.  

Good grief....this is totally not like me!  My focus has been on this weather of ours....the temps have just been way to warm to decorate for Christmas!  I'm in great need of some COLD weather!

This past Friday, I finally made a move to get "amped up" for doing some decorating.   In other words...I got some fire in my pants, and got it done!  (Fire in my pants, as in energy and excitement)




I really prefer a fresh Christmas tree....instead of the artificial trees that you buy in stores.  I know that some of those fake
trees can look real....BUT.....in NO WAY can they compare to a real live tree!  hey, I have lots of memories of fresh cut trees and Christmas.



Last year, I purchased some new ornaments that I was looking so forward to using again this year....BUT....I packed them away and could not find them this year.   I finally found them this past Friday, but it was too late....my tree was already decorated!! :(

Where did I find them????  Packed neatly in a container under my bed!


A few decorations here and there.....



I was very surprised when I found this "P"...... Seems like the P's always seem to go first....   I grabbed this one up real FAST.



The mantel!   I fell in love with this Buffalo Plaid Ribbon!  I really didn't know that this was the name for it, until Shanda dropped by the other day and said she loved the Buffalo ribbon.  I had no clue what she was talking about, but sure buff.....this is what it is called.


More of the mantel.... 


And More..........




This is my Old door that I decorate for each new season!!
Love this old door.....




I'm feeling Blessed and Life is good...

Hugs,
Shug


7 comments:

  1. LOVE your decor! Good to hear from you, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations. As I read the many blogs, I am beginning to realize that my decorating leaves a lot to be desired.I'm pretty low key when it comes to this, even though I love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is gorgeous! I do not have this kind of talent for sure. You make everything sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug~

    Oh, your decorations are gorgeous!! I still don't have any up...I know, it's awful!! My poor husband had to have foot surgery, and that has taken everything I've got just to make sure he is comfy... ;0)

    I love all your cute lights and the buffalo ribbon is so pretty, it looks festive and rustic all at the same time, so cute!

    We got at least 5 inches of snow tonight, so I am feeling blessed as well, sweet friend...life is good.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been a busy lady, even if it isn't cold there! It's a chilly breezy 28° here in Chicago area this morning. I'm a white pitcher and pig sort of person, so love those on the top shelf in the first photo. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas decorations! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got it done. I thought though that you had everything done before Thanksgiving for your airman's visit..... Guess I read that wrong.

    I finally got ours done also --although it gets harder to do all of that stuff every year. So many of my friends have down-sized --but so far, we are still decorating the same as we always have... I do love Christmas...

    I swore I'd never have a 'fake' tree ---but we do now. It's a pretty one --and we bought it in 2004. We need a new one --but I can't find any as 'real' looking as this one... BUT--it doesn't smell like a real tree!!!!! I miss that.

    I also swore that I'd never have anything but a wood-burning fireplace. BUT--we now have a nice Gas-Log Fireplace --even with remote control.... Still don't like it nearly as well as the read thing --but it surely is convenient....

    Hugs,
    Betsy
    PS---Sent you an email --but don't think I have the correct email address.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So festive!
    Decorating gets harder each year and that annoys me because I love the Christmas season!
    We are so too. Pop by the old blog and you'll see why.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...