Sunday, May 21, 2017

It's a rainy day and as I look outside my bedroom window, the thing that catches my eye is the bright green from my favorite tree.  Rain water is pouring off of the house.





I also love the sound of thunder and boy has it been doing a lot of that.   My back is out this morning, so I'm in bed....alternating ice and heat on my back.  If I have to be in bed, I prefer a nice rainy day with the sound of rolling thunder.




We were getting ready to have the house repainted and the painter was ready to begin this week.   BUT....a couple of weeks ago, we had a bad hail storm come through and now we are having to get a new roof.  The paint will have to wait until the roof is finished.  






It doesn't normally hail here, so this was a BIG surprise.....

Ooops... electricity just went out!  Oh well... guess its a good day to 
stay in bed and rest my back.

hugs
Shug

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You have sure had your share of weird bad luck! So sorry about your back! That can be really incapacitating. Have you ever been to a doctor about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some crazy weather for you. I also love stormy weather. I used to sit on my grandmother's porch during a storm. Even better to listen while the rain hits a tin roof. Best wishes for a speedy recover for your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your back feels better soon. I have spent many days on my back, trying to nurse it to health.Thankfully that was years ago.A rainy day is certainly a good day to be down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We HAVE been getting lots of storms this year! So far, we've missed the hail. Girl, what is it with the backs??? Evan had back surgery three weeks ago. Then, I pulled my back trying to move a grill down some steps yesterday and this morning OH MY GOODNESS! I'm barely moving. I hope yours is feeling much better today!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipes---what causes one's back to go "out"???? I've heard that all of my life ---but have always wondered what causes it... Do you have a disc problem like my hubby? BUT--his back doesn't go out.. He just has pain in his back and mostly down his leg.... Bless your heart... Hope you feel better soon.

    A rainy day with no power is a good day to stay in bed and relax...

    One thing about a Hail Storm is that your insurance pays for the new roof... Right????? That happened to me when I lived near Houston... Sorry the storm happened --but it was nice to get my roof paid for.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better!
    Being down I the back is no fun.

    We have had the weather you described in
    your post today. Missed the hail so far
    but it has stormed off and on all day.

    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shug~

    So sorry about your poor back! I hope you have recovered by now, and hopefully have your house painted and a new roof on! I also love a good thunder storm, and love to just relax and let life pass me by when we have a good one. But, I don't like it when the power goes out...:0\ Those were some big hail stones, yikes, no wonder you needed a new roof!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...