Friday, March 24, 2017

Why did I wait so long...

The flowers all around are so pretty this year......

On June 16th, Sam and I will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary!  With this being said, one our very first wedding showers was given to us in April of 1972.   Wow...that sure seems like a long time ago!

The popular kitchen colors for that particular time were none other than the green, gold and orange colors.   YIKES!!!!!




This sweet beauty was just one of our many, many gifts.   Mrs. Tompkins gave us this gift way back then!!   While the mixer itself has held up, all these years....the mixer beaters have become a bit rusty.

What's a girl to do.....GO BUY YOURSELF A NEW HAND HELD MIXER.    I do have a super nice Kitchenaid stand mixer, but for small things that I'm making....a hand mixer is all I need.

I went to BED, BATH AND BEYOND this week and was looking at the mixers.   A salesman approached me and wanted to know if he could help me.   I told him what I was looking for and I told him about the mixer that I now have.....being 45 years old.  



This is the product that he recommended.....and then, his next statement to me was:  "I can guarantee you that this mixer won't last 45 years!"     I just laughed and told him that I knew he was telling the truth.  

I've been busy the rest of the week....using my new MIXER.   I'm baking cookies  right now...(as I write this post) 
Cheesecake cookies....





A friend of mine posted these on my FB page.....thought I would give them a try.   

I love my new hand held mixer....

Shug.....

6 comments:

  1. That new mixer looks good.The new things just don't last like the old stuff, but enjoy it while it does last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An early congratulations! Phil and I have you beat by only one year!! So what will you do with the old mixer, Goodwill? Is your new one a Kitchen Aid? They last so long and are so well made!! Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe a mixer would last 45 years! I like the salesman telling you that lol....so true things are not made as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it may not last that long, but you bought a good brand anyway! Cookies look yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum those cookies look and sound good. - Congrats on the new mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They don't make ANYTHING as good as they used to... I used to have a very heavy flannel nightgown which I would wear around the house during the cold days/nights of winter. This past year I tried to order a new flannel nightgown ---and couldn't find one made out of the warm, heavy flannel. I got one which 'is' flannel--but very very thin and not warm...Same is true with Sweat suits... They used to be heavy and warm and would last for years... NOW--all I can find are the cheaply made ones which are not that warm and won't last... FRUSTRATING....

    Can't wait to see what you all do and where you go on your Anniversary.

    Love your header. Looks like Biltmore's gorgeous flowers...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...