Friday, March 17, 2017

Spring Break

Happy St. Patricks Day sweet friends.....



I'm Feeling extremely Blessed.....  It's the simple blessings in my life that I am so very thankful for (and the big things too)   I woke up this morning and as I lay in bed, soaking up the goodness of having a warm, comfortable place to rest....thoughts came rushing through my mind.   Thoughts of how sweet it is to be free....to have a home that I dearly love....to have a loving family and sweet, precious friends.  

So often, I am guilty of not giving God the Praise that is due HIM.  I take for granted the small things in life.  Can you imagine how many times a day that God protects us from things or situations that we have no clue even exist in our surroundings?  How Blessed we are to have food and the many comforts of life.   Thank you Lord for ALL YOU DO.

I want to keep living life and giving Praise to my Lord.   



This is Spring Break for our teachers and kids at school.    It hasn't been the best weather, but at least it hasn't rained everyday.   Tori has spent the week on the beach with her her friend....

Carson has had baseball practice each day and actually plays a game this afternoon.    Trey has done everything that a guy enjoys doing...like Fishing, riding 4 wheelers, hanging out with friends....etc.

Mylee.....she hasn't missed a beat in her playing.  She's an outdoor kind of girl and loves just being outside doing all kinds of things.

And our 18 year old......it's been golf, girlfriend, hanging with friends, girlfriend and golf.  

Trista and I left last Friday to go visit our Airman.   A 8 hour trip one way.....so, 16 hours total......but I would do it again this weekend if I could.   You wouldn't believe all the things that we crammed into the 3 days that we were there.   Lots of eating!!!  Lots of laughs!!! Lots of games!!  Lots of of hugs.

On Sat morning.....we visited a quaint little area in a small town, where we feasted on a plate of "Beignets."     Oh my.....they were so good!!   We then had dinner at an Oyster House!!!   I ordered Red Fish, topped with a huge portion of crab meat.   YUM!

Our last evening there.....we ate at a place called "Slap yo Mama."



Sure.....they had to act out the "Slap yo mama" name!   Love these two!!  We had to say  "See ya later" right after this last photo.   Gosh, that is never an easy thing to do!!   :(

This next week, I'll be trying to make those Beignets for sure....
They were so tasty!!

Big hugs to all of you...
Shug

3 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could taste a Beignet! The closest I have come is at Olive Garden. They have something like them there. What a long trip! And It must have been SO very hard to leave! He is looking GOOD! I bet this visit gave him a huge boost!! Your Redbud header is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a full week. We are so blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you had a great time --especially visiting your Airman... He looks great!!!!!

    Yes---we all have so much to be thankful for... I am thankful that I am finally feeling good --after a month of suffering with my respiratory problem... Breathing and not coughing is MARVELOUS... ha

    So you said to Sam: "Betsy who????" Ha Ha ----didn't remember me, did you?????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...