Thursday, January 28, 2016

Can you believe that we are almost DONE with the first month in the year of 2016?  My...my...goodness....!!  TIME is getting away from me.   

What's happening with our weather here in East Texas?  Well.....it is much warmer than I had hoped for.   I WANT A WINTER!!  So far, we have only had a tease of Winter around here.  The weather man predicted that we could possibly have shorts and tank top weather by the weekend. 

I've been somewhat busy this week....preparing for a TEA party!  Myles Jo will be turning 8 years old this coming Sunday, and she is having a TEA PARTY Birthday!  It is going to be so stinking cute!!

When I first started blogging.....Mylee was only 2 years old.   MY....my....goodness!  Time is getting away from me!!!

Here's a quick update on my sweet dad!  It hasn't been a good week for him.  I had a phone call from his doctor on Tuesday evening.

Evidently...some time Monday night...he must have taken a hard fall.  He now has a Fractured Pelvis.   This is not a good thing for anyone and it's especially not good for an Alzheimer's patient.  

He has been in a lot of pain...and...he has been a whole lot more confused!!  He will have to be bedridden for at least 6 weeks and even after...he still could possibly do more damage if he has another fall.

Needless to say....this is going to take a lot more of my time.  The staff at the nursing home has done a fabulous job at keeping him in the bed....just not sure how long this is going to last.  He has a monitor on his bed to alert the nurses if he tries to get up.  I'm just hoping that he doesn't try to get up and take a fall before they can get to him.   Much prayer is needed!!!!

Hoping all my blogging friends are having a fabulous New Year!   It soon will be sweetheart month....Don't forget to do something wonderful for the love of your life!  And for those of you whose loved one may have already passed.....You still can do something wonderful for them!  How you say?
Put a smile on your face and reflect on the wonderful memories that you have in your heart.  God Bless each of you!

Hugs...
Shug.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shug!

    A tea party sounds like such a fun idea for a birthday party! I have a little that is turning
    8 in March, but he's a boy . . . ;0) Not sure he would appreciate a tea party.

    Time does just fly! My grandmother used to tell me that the days went on forever, but for me they just go by so quickly.

    The weather has been strange all over! Tomorrow we are going to have snow in the morning, rain in the afternoon, and snow all night, and almost 40 degrees. The next week we will barely make 20 degrees. It's crazy.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard to have to watch them suffer, but especially with Alzheimers, they just don't understand. I will keep him and you in my prayers, bless his heart . . . and yours.

    Gentle Hugs,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dad's fall. I certainly understand, my Mom fell, crushing her right elbow and life became much more difficult for her. She was also diagnosed with Alzheimers which added to her difficulties. I certainly hope you and the nursing staff are able to care for him. God bless you all......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will enjoy that tea party as much as the birthday girl and that is good. Sorry to hear about your Dad.I pray that he will be at peace and not hurt himself more. Thanks for remembering those whose loved one is no longer here.Valentine's Day can be a hard day,cause its a day meant for lovers.Need I say more----

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post this morning, and best wishes to you and your dad in a difficult time for both of you. Have a special weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart.... So sorry about your Dad. I know it hurts to see him like this... I hate it that he has to suffer... Prayers for him --and for YOU, the Caregiver.

    I laughed at you wanting WINTER... You need to move farther north!!!! Besides, the "Weather Girl" is protecting you --and keeping WINTER away--- since I remember reading how much you love to wear sandals/flip flops all year long. You'd have to cover up those PIGGIES if you had winter.... SO?????? HA HA HA

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your dad's fall and fractured pelvic. Hope the nurses will be able to keep an eye on him and keep him from falling again. Have an fabulous tea party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...