Monday, June 1, 2015

True Friendships

I've seen situations like this happen all around me and I just cannot for the life of me understand!  

*Note:  Many times I write about things I see happening to people I know....just because I write about it.....doesn't mean that it pertains to ME or to my family!  I say this....because, so often I write about something and before I know it, when I go to the ballpark or to the grocery store.......there are a few people that will stop me and ask me what I did about this and that.  Does this ever happen to you?   If I write about depression....it does not mean I am depressed!  I'm actually a very upbeat person.
If I write about thorns....it doesn't mean I have a thorn in my side!!!

Now....My thoughts for today!   The meaning of being a Friend.




 People amaze me......Honestly, they do!

I am a people person.....I love people!    If you are my friend, then you are my friend for life.   There are many times that things in life bring about change when it comes to relationships....But, just because there is a change, it does not mean that you are NO longer my friend.   

Help me understand!!!!

How is that people can be your friend.....and then all of sudden, turn against you as if you never existed?   Does one sum it up as this?

1.   They never were a true friend in the beginning
2.   They are childish and selfish
3.   They find you boring

I don't know.......but I have seen many people hurt, because a so called friend closes the relationship under unexplained causes.    Sad to say....but none of us come with labels attached to our foreheads which indicates if we have within us, what it takes to be a good friend.   There is no label to warn us about people who can be tacky in ever kind of way!

What are the characteristics of good friend?

Must they dress to perfection?   NO.......
Must they be popular.......?   Absolutely NOT

Must they be honest........?    Honesty is necessary in any relationship.

Must they be accepting......?  YES.....a true friend accepts you no matter what troubles come your way.

Will they protect you....?   again....the answer is YES.

True friendship is clearly marked with UNSELFISHNESS!!   Friendships have no place for Jealousy!!!!!!!

A good friend is always respectful of their friends....

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave  footprints your heart"

I am so thankful that I can call each of you my friend! 

Blessings....
shug ~   




9 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post. I had to laugh about people being suspicious of your comments. :D I don't share my blog with relatives or locals except for my kids.
    It takes a good friend to attract other good friends. I have learned it helps to have a thick skin sometimes and not to be too quick to judge or get angry. People make mistakes. I once had a friend (I thought I did) that got angry with me for something that took place between me and someone else. When I asked her about it she said, "You know why I'm angry". To this day I honestly don't and she wouldn't elaborate, but I decided it would be hard to have a friendship with her and let it go. To this day I'm not sure what the bee in her bonnet was. Forgiveness is a definite virtue in any relationship. I sure enjoy being your blogging friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good subject to post about. I know I pray about my blog friends that ask for prayers and many times I ask for prayers when I know a blog friend has a challenge ahead. But what about those that seem to be so close and then just drop out of sight. I wish they would write some kind of farewell or explain why they want to disappear. I'm a people person too. I like people and it's easy for me to make friends. And I'm glad you and I came to know each other and become friends. It's one of the best parts of blogging! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure everyone who knows you and/or reads your blog feels blessed to have YOU in their lives. I know I do! Your happy personality shines through every post. And I love when you post about things that are maybe not all sunshine and roses because we all have those experiences, and it helps to know how others handle certain situations. Over the years I've had many friendships; some left, some stayed and others just drifted away due to life circumstances (either my own or theirs). People seem so busy these days that I'm afraid friendships are not actively nourished as they should be. We've never been so connected, yet some are still so disconnected. Anyway, I said all that to say, I don't really have the answers. I did have one friend that was always getting angry with me and competing with me and I had to let that go. That was several years ago and I still miss her, but don't miss the angry outbursts and other stuff that went along with being her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shug--
    there area always two sides.
    I'm certainly right along side you when it comes to sizing up a friend. Honesty is high on the list.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on Me.
    I don't go looking for a friend that has lied or betrayed me. I will confront them and make it known that I am onto them... but if it continues. I'm out of there.
    I guess some might say, I'm NOT LOYAL as a friend. (the other side of the coin)
    Sometimes friends leave-- for good reasons. I understand there are times when friends leave...because they are hurt, and then the hurt grows and festers after the counter-part doesn't come inquiring, calling or reaching out.
    Friendships are complicated.
    To make matters worse-- it's really bad when things like this happen with in family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for sharing your heart. I have had a 'friend' or two who decided they didn't need me in their life anymore. It hurts for a while,but then maybe I am better off without them around me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a hard one. I think people come into our lives for a season. Some for a lifetime and some for a very short time. And, while the friend is in our life, we are to learn what it is they bring.....whether joy and happiness or sorrow and heartache. If we pay attention, we'll see it, learn a lesson from it and move on. Loved your post! And I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Shug...interesting thoughts today on friendship. I always think that friendship shouldn't be something you have to work at. I have friends from many places where I have lived, and I like to think I can call them after long periods of time and share like we haven't been apart at all. I talked to my friend from childhood a few days ago to catch up on what we have been up to, and it had been a week since she had left a message to call her. There was not problem, we knew we cared and would get together. Many times there are people who just come into our lives not to be long-time friends, but for some reason that God put us in the same place. Have a lovely "friendship day" with us blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shug, Love this post and I agree about being a friend for life. I am this way with my friendships. We may go separate directions due to circumstance, but when we see each other again, it's like we never left. To me that is true and real friends. I do believe that people cross our path for a reason too. They are either meant to stay a lifetime or pass through in God's plan for our life. Either way, friendship is a gift and a blessing.
    So glad to have met you this year my friend.
    Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Texas Day.
    Sunny here for a change!!
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...