Sunday, February 15, 2015

A-Daf-O-Dil.....

Look what is happening around here.....


Gorgeous...Bright colored Daffodils are opening the window that has kept them in the dark for the past few months.   


My Daffodils are the very first sign that Spring is getting closer.




This picture was taken at the farm...

I can only believe that there once was a Farmhouse close by....and that these flowers have been returning every year since way back yonder!!


I enjoy seeing them each year.  

This week....the forecast calls for the possibility of some snow flakes.  WHAT?

We have enjoyed some gorgeous days as of late....with temps in the mid 70's...and (NOW) the snow wants to come?

I love seeing snow, but I also love the beauty in the daffodils...which are styling some wonderful color.

I suppose we shall wait and see...

Hugs Y'all.
shug  






8 comments:

  1. Shug -- my first daffodils of the season (even virtually). They are so beautiful. We never see them here in SW Florida; I think it is too warm for most spring flowers. And I really miss them (from when we lived in Oregon). It seems like you might have the best of both worlds -- mostly warm winters but not too warm for the daffys! (Well, but except then there is that possibility of snow, I hope that doesn't knock the flowers down. Rain used to do that to them in our Oregon garden. I hated that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. I always enjoy seeing them on our farm during the early spring. This morning we already have several inches of snow and it just keeps coming down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shug, love love love the yellow in the daffodils. Almost time, but I bought some silk ones to hurry things along a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy am I late! They are beautiful, and a sign of hope. We have no such thing. In fact, it has been snowing all day and is supposed to snow Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love a bouquet of daffys and smelling their sweet scent! Spring will be here before we know it. You will see it way before us, tho. I remember my brother telling me about his garden growing while we had snow on the ground. lol! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is definitely a great touch of spring; love those gorgeous bright yellow Daffodils! Lucky you! It's still bitter cold here, lots of snow on the ground and even colder, below 0, weather on the way. Here's hoping there's no snow on the horizon for you! Enjoy the flowers and that warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cheerful. Ours are out of the ground and budded but it will be a couple 2-3 weeks yet before they start blooming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...