Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Barn Sell......

You can call me Mrs. Cool today!! 
Somehow.....I got stuck driving Tucker's big truck today!  The pipes are so loud, and I can barely concentrate when driving down the road.  {I guess I'm getting a little older}

Tucker had the opportunity to play in a big golf tournament in the Dallas area, so.....he and Sam drove my SUV and left me with the tank!!! 

And....I had to put gas in the thing!!

Believe it or not...I went to Tyler (the big city) in this monster truck.  I had to park near the end of every parking lot, because I knew I wouldn't be able to park in those tiny spaces.

The distance away from the stores was good for me!!  lol..

There is always a POSITIVE side to everything!!  I went to a Big Barn Sell and came home with several great items!!!  Woo Hoo!!  

A metal ladder being one of those items....and thank goodness, I was in Tucker's truck!!  The ladder would not have fit in my SUV.   

If my feet had not been hurting from wearing a pair of my (Cooler Weather) shoes...I might have stayed longer and found even more goodies.  {should have worn my flip flops....I love wearing them...Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall}

Anyways....this Barn Sell only happens twice a year!  Once in the Fall and again in the Spring!  I usually wait until the last day or so, because the fee is only $5.00....But, this time I went on opening day!!  Cost me a little bit more to go, however...I got some things that I'm sure would have been gone, had I waited!

I'll post pictures tomorrow of all my goodies!!  

Love me a good ol' Barn Sell....

Shug ~

7 comments:

  1. You need to show us a picture of the 'tank' you were driving. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, a big ole barn sale and a big big truck, what a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see them!!! So a bad thing turned into a good thing!! Just another day in the busy and interesting life of Shug.You must drive like a pro. And bravo for the gas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be fun to see what you found. I love going to big sales like that but haven't been to one in years. Coincidentally...my son has been in Tyler this week! It's a small world! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA---I can just picture you driving the 'tank'... Bet you got some LOOKS from those around you... ha ha

    How in the world does Tucker pay for his truck, gas, upkeep, etc.??? Does he work somewhere part-time to pay for it???? My sons all HAD to work if they wanted a car... AND--the car my two youngers had was a Ford Pinto... GADS--what a rattle-trap... ha

    Glad you got some great 'deals' at the Barn Sell.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like an adventure to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...