Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Walk in the Rain.....

I have a friend that is really struggling right now.   It is very difficult for her to understand the.... "relentless attacks for which the devil is using, to rock her world."   

So often.....we look at struggles as a direct hit coming from Satan!   We are so wrapped up in our heartache of what is going on, and we fail to grasp the entire scenario, of the scene, that is surrounding the situation.

What we must ask is, "Is this a real attack that is underlined by the attempts of Satan to destroy me or my family?"

OR......

"Is God trying to show me something here?  Is God trying get my attention?"  

Better yet.....why not ask that one question that we so often put to the side.  Have I made some really bad choices and now I must reap what I have sown?  This is where we must really be HONEST with ourselves!    When we are in a situation like this, we sometimes fail to see the clear picture of what is really going on.

When we are faced with difficulty in our lives, we need to seek greater measures of spending time with the Lord.    We need to pray that HE will light our path and help us to understand with a clear vision, those things that are at hand.


Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.   

Ephesians 6:13-17

In my friends case.....I am almost positive that her vision is not clear.   Sometimes we allow our love and our emotions to blind us from the truth, and as a result, we throw darts at those that we feel are responsible.   


I can't heal the situation and I can't stop the downpour of emotions,  but I can......... be a friend....I can Pray and I can Walk with her in rain.

Blessing to you all....
shug 

6 comments:

  1. you are a sweet heart ,,,,, I love this image too, I used this in my post, not as eloquently as you my beautiful fiend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very true! And also, if we can concentrate on others, and try to help....it takes our mind off ourselves and lets us see that other people have troubles worse than ours. It is also good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure that you would be the kind of personI would want for a friend at any time,but more so when life hits hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having you as a friend is one of God's gifts to her... blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your friend. We all go through hard times in our lives and sometimes it feels as if we can't take anymore. However, it is all about our faith and our attitude... When we know that God is with us, we can do ANYTHING --as hard as it is... Thanks be to God.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have friends in that situation, and like your idea of walking with them in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...