Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Have I lost my Mind??

Oh my goodness......have I lost my ever loving mind?  Just this week, I finally got myself in the mood to do some Fall Decorating!



I made this material garland on Monday for this mantel.  So, so easy to do and I think it may have cost me about $5.00.






I also made a wreath for the front door!!  At one time, I so enjoyed  making my own wreaths, but haven't done so in a while.   It just gets to me when I see the cost that can go into making one of these things.



Isn't it something how stores mark things 40% off and the price of a bundle of flowers is still way more than it should be?

I dug around until I found some flowers that where marked way down and the ribbon was actually a very good buy.


I made the wreath yesterday and I am pleased with how it turned out......


I have several boxes of Fall items that I need to get out, but now.....I'm not sure if I will ever get to it.

YOU SEE........  As of this very week, I have now committed myself to "The Christmas Tour of Homes."

Oh my.....what have I done????

What I have done is to let others persuade me into being a part of this event.   Don't get me wrong......I want to help when it comes to Community events, and the money goes to a very good cause.....BUT, it is a lot of hard work and the date is set for early in December.   

All of this means that I need to skip my usual Fall decorating (Love to decorate BIG for Fall) and I need to already be decorating for the Tour of Homes!!!

Don't you all want to lend a hand to your blog friend?  Come on down and help me make this an easy task!!!!

I'm not much for fancy decorating......I like the natural look and I love, love, love.....Country decorating!!   

It might just be a quick "Pumpkin Stay" around this place.  

Hugs sweet friends...
Shug ~

7 comments:

  1. From what I have seen in your blog,your home will be stunning when you are done with the decorating.I enjoy your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lots of natural elements in my home, too. I'm excited that you're going to do the tour...can't wait to SEE! I need to make a banner. I keep saying that! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your banner!! How exciting to be in the Christmas Home Tour! It is a lot of work, but your home will be decked out for Christmas early :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Tour Of Homes?!?! Wow! You have to be the very best of the best!! And you ARE, I have always known that. Your decorating taste and skills are so way beyond anything. You could be an interior decorator and make big bucks. Your banner is wonderful,and now I want a mantel so you can teach me!The wreath is perfectly beautiful, they sell ones not this pretty for fifty dollars at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lived closer, I would love to stop by! That garland is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer! Good Luck.

    Your wreath, garland and the picture above your mantle look great.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo!
    I get that way. I say YES! all excited and everything. Then, I freeze up and wonder what in the world was I thinking...with a little bit of anxiety on the side.
    Then... at the last minute I pull out all the stops and just do it!
    If it were't for the LAST MINUTE... nothing would get done around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...