Thursday, April 25, 2013

Compassion and a little bit of Worry.



Thank you sweet Jesus.......

         I just love how God is sensitive to every beat of our heart.    
This means that HE is on top of every care and concern that we have......

This past Monday, I was reading the bible and was looking for scriptures concerning compassion.  I have a sweet friend that I wanted to share these scriptures with.

1 John 3:17
But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

                                                  (Gorgeous Roses that Ty sent to Trista and Tori.....yesterday) :)
I found myself becoming a bit frustrated because I couldn't 
find the scriptures that I was looking for.  Instead, I kept 
coming across scripture dealing with WORRY.  I was so
desperate in my search, that I never connected with the
possibility that God was perhaps giving me these words for 

particular reason.....HE had a purpose for my reading.

Little did I know that in the midst of my day.....while I was
sitting there reading God's word....HE was actually working 
on me.

I woke up around 2:30 Monday night and I suddenly found
myself being bombarded with all these thoughts about some
things that I didn't even realize that I was worrying about.
Negative  worry was taking over and ruining my sleep time.

Wouldn't you know it.....Scripture after scripture, dealing 
with worry......started flooding my mind.  I felt a sense of 
peace and before I knew it.....the alarm on my phone was
sounding.   I was resting so well and it was so hard for me
to even think of crawling out of bed.   


The Lord is gracious and compassionate!!!!!!

Matthew 6:34

 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble


  

Matthew 11:28-30


 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Blessings,
Shug.....

5 comments:

  1. Yes, He is amazing like that. =) We are so very fortunate to be blessed by His love. The roses you sent are gorgeous... love pink and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you were trying to help a friend and God was trying to get your attention. You've reminded me that I need to spend more time in His word. Thank you. Hope you continue to feel at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how the Lord works on us and in us!!!! God Bless....

    NOW--quit worrying. ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome testimony of how God is working in your life. And I hope others note from this that God can tell us things in ways we may not be receptive to at first. so we need to keep our eyes and ears open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that just like our God. He knows what we need even though we don't.This is only one of the reasons why I love Him so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...