Steps of Faith

Steps of Faith

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Don't Forget to Listen....



I really do want to be a good listener, but sometimes I get in too big of a hurry to hear what GOD is saying to me.

Am I alone here?  

There are a WHOLE LOT of times when I do hear.....but I quickly make the decision to do things my way!  Sound familiar to anyone?

Not only am I guilty of not being a good listener, but I engage in trying to be the one in control......My heart knows that I need to give everything to God, but my mind is saying
"Let me handle this Lord and if I mess up, then you can take over."

OR.....how about this...

"Lord, I am placing my future in your hands....BUT...this is what needs to happen.

I trick myself into believing that I am trusting GOD with the details of my life, when I am really fighting hard to be in charge and tell HIM what I want done.

Then...there is this...

"Your will be done Lord....but I just want you to be aware that I am not going to be HAPPY until you do things my way"

{I would certainly hate to see the mess I would be in if God put me in charge}

I honestly have to laugh at myself sometimes.....

God never gives up on me....even when I fail to listen, even when I fail to follow.....HE watches over me.  I love it when the Holy Spirit corrects me when I get off track.

********

There is an Amazing day ahead....May you all be Blessed!

Shug 



5 comments:

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

I struggle with all of these scenarios. Daily. Poor God, having to constantly correct me. I'm slowly learning tho!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Hmm Your post sounds a bit like my life. As I get older I have begun to see the wisdom in handing my whole life over to our God. He might have less of a mess to untangle if I let him do the driving. Thank you for sharing.

Ginny said...

I LOVE this post!!! It is focused, short, meaningful, and rather like a daily devotional while still being fun and still being YOU. I think one of the main reasons people do not listen for God is that they are running around constantly busy, then when they finally have a quiet moment they fall asleep. Even Jesus went away for quiet time, and He also never rushed around. Even with all He had to accomplish in His short life.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Yep, I'm one of those that wants to say "but, this is what needs to happen." :) Great post, Shug! Have a lovely day!

Betsy Adams said...

Great post, Shug... Yes, we do want to be in control, don't we???? As I've gotten older and not quite as busy, I do try to STOP and listen for God's plan in my life. George and I sit down for about 30 minutes every single morning and have our devotions together. That is one of the best times of the day --when we can listen for God's guidance together...

Have a blessed day.
Hugs,
Betsy

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Myspace Graphics at 123glitter.com

Blog Archive

Sam

Sam

Yes....My Grandkids Rock

Yes....My Grandkids Rock