Saturday, February 9, 2013

Makes My Heart Go Pitter Pat!!

I really do have this thing for Art!  Not just any art though....

I tend to lean more toward mixed media art....and I can not wait to get into it this next year...

Yes....this is my plan!!  I have been a stay at home wife/grandmother for 17 years now, and with no other grandchildren to keep....I plan on doing some things that I want to do this next year...

I want to share a couple of pieces of art with you, that Tyler worked on in his art class at school...
(Geez, I wish they would let me go back to High School and take some of the classes there!)


This photo is just a bit blurred and for this reason, I'm very sorry....because it's difficult to see the detail in the paper work.

I'm sure this particular art has a name, but I don't know what it is called. 

Tyler took strips of black paper, rolled and bent the pieces in order to make the designs that you see in the hand.  I for one, love this piece!


This is just one piece of white card stock paper that has been folded a certain way to make the most gorgeous piece of art!!

I can't wait to see both pieces after they are framed and ready to hang on my wall......

Maybe I'm prejudice....but I really think that Tyler has a bit of talent...PRETTY SURE HE GETS IT FROM ME!!  HA!

Mixed Media art and Mixed Media journals just makes my heart go pitter pat!!

***

Hope you all stay warm...and please pray for our friends that are in the middle of this blizzard type weather...

Hugs,
Shug



9 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! I wish I knew how to make them, I sure would TRY! Maybe when you get the time to do some of these things, you will be teaching us on your blog. The black hand is a technique called Quilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black hand! I have no artistic ability at all so I admire anyone that does. You go girl! I bet you will soar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what they do in art now - they display some in admin and I use to get to see them and I was always amazed. Great job Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces. I especially like the folded card stock.It looks almost quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting art work. I would love to take an art class again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these pieces are really cool! He is very talented.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Love the art piece of the hand. So glad you figured out a way to utilize all your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He does look like quite the talent! I love that hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing artistic talents run in your family. Enjoy taking classes. I bet you'll love it and be very good at it.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...