Tuesday, October 30, 2012



Life.....it is WONDERFUL  during the Fall Season!

There are endless amounts of joy bouncing all around us as we embrace the Autumn season.

Cool Weather.....Oh yes!  for me it's like a breath of fresh air.  I love inhaling the cooler air....I love the feeling of the clean, crisp air as it makes it's way down into my lungs.  It's as if the coolness gives me a pure feeling inside.

I also love camp fires....EVERYTHING about camp fires...the smell, the smoke, the beauty of the embers, and most of all the great fellowship that can be had while sitting around one of these camp fires, with friends.  AND...one cannot forget the delicious foods that can easily be prepared around a fire.

Pumpkins..... Who doesn't love pumpkins?  I see nothing but goodness in a pumpkin....Delicious pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin seeds....and FUN, lots of fun decorating with pumpkins and carving them into neat little faces.  And then, you have the beautiful colors of all shades of orange...just gorgeous!

Decorations.... Scarecrows, cornstalks, pumpkins, colored leaves, mums and other beautiful Fall flowers.  People seem to let their imaginations have such freedom when it comes to Fall decorating.
I have seen all kinds of scarecrows...some funny, some scary and some are just down right precious.

Aromas..... Oh my goodness, the aromas that are flowing from the kitchen.  Sweet apple pies, pumpkin breads, comfort foods of all kinds, spicy foods, and chocolate....HOT CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE PIE, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, CHOCOLATE CANDIES AND CHOCOLATE CAKES.....

Anticipations.......  Anticipations of the what is to come...the Holidays, the food, festivals, parties, get-togethers with friends, 
Church functions, and spending time with family.

MEMORIES...... I definitely love this part of the Fall season!
Having memories of playing outside.  Playing in big piles of raked up leaves.  I love thinking about hayrides from the past and I also love dreaming about hayrides for the future.  Memories of my moms "German Chocolate Cakes"......Memories of moms delicious tasting "Cornbread Dressing."   Lots and lots of memories of when our girls were little and the things we did together as a family, during the Fall season.

Fall is simply one of the BEST seasons of all!

Whew, I'm having lots of happiness just writing this post about FALL..

Until next time....
Shug



7 comments:

  1. I can sense your joy in this post. Each season has beauty about it,but,truth be told,fall and spring are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew...I'm back and I've so missed stopping by this space! I love, love, love Fall! I'm sad that ours is quickly leaving, so I will have to enjoy it through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Shug... It truly is so full of happiness... You stated all of the great reasons that FALL is such a great season....

    For me, the first roaring woodfire in the fireplace is one of my favorite things about Fall....

    AND--since I love everything Pumpkin, we enjoy Pumpkin Spice Coffee, Pumpkin Pie Blizzards, Pumpkin Ice Cream, etc. etc. etc. YUM..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You summed it up perfectly!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall, too! But your reasons made me love it all the more. I think the crisp, cool air is a big one for me. Heat and I do not get along. I'm always so happy to wave buh-bye. Happy Halloween! Bet you're doing something fun with the kids tonight. Be safe and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy post, Shug! Loved it! Fall is my favorite season (Christmas is my favorite holiday) and it always conjures up lots of sweet memories.
    Enjoy this last day of October!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE fall!
    Boo to you!
    Happy Halloween!
    sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...