Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hoots, Cold Weather, and Coffee

I'm sitting here this evening.....waiting patiently for the COOL FRONT to come through.....
Our 80's are going to be turning into 60's and dropping down into the 40's at night....AND the good thing is that this is suppose to last through out the weekend!   WOO HOO!




One of the BEST things about cooler weather, is Hot Coffee.....I love sipping on a cup of Hot cup of Coffee throughout the early morning hours.

I also love Cold weather and FOOTBALL!  Call me goofy....but I do love wrapping up in blankets to stay warm at the ballgames.....this is also another great place to sip on a cup of Hot Coffee or a cup of rich Hot Chocolate!!

****

I just bought me a New pair of Uggs!!  Not boots, cause I know I would be way too Hot in a pair of boots.....What I did buy was a pair of loafer Uggs.   Looks like I'll get to wear them sooner than I thought....like this weekend!!  I'm definitely a barefoot kind of gal, but during the cooler months, I don't mind slipping my feet into a soft pair of shoes.  Can any of you agree with me here?  

*****

This past evening, I enjoyed a wonderful night out with friends.....It was "Girls Night Out."
We had dinner at the clubhouse...(Steak Night) and then we went back to my friend, Susie's house for a 
whole lot of chit chat and laughter!   All of us graduated together and just enjoy getting together once a year.   Please let me tell you....I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I did last night!

We talked about everything.....AGING, ACHES AND PAINS, FAMILY, THE YOUNGER YEARS, GRANDCHILDREN, ACHES AND PAINS, THE FUTURE, and we even talked about THE NEW THINGS THAT WE HAVE DONE OR TRIED since we last met!!  Oh my....we were all Hoots!!

AND....WE  all ATE A WHOLE LOT....The food was delicious and the desserts were even better!!

Let me tell you.....we all need to enjoy more fellowship like this!

*****

Now you all know the happenings that have been going on around here.....How about the rest of you?
What's been happening in your life?

Blessings,
Shug

7 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to cooler temps. We are supposed to get it Saturday - our 22nd anniversary. Can't wait! I love sipping hot coffee on a crisp, cool morning also. Not too much going on around here. My friend bought my camera so we can be photoshoot buddies. Glad you got some good girl time in. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug, I haven't commented much --but I have read your blogs. My love and prayers are with you and the family when dealing with your Sweet Daddy... God Bless You.

    I love COLD weather too--and am anxiously waiting on it to get here this weekend. I love having a roaring fire in the fireplace but this week, it's been too warm--and we even had windows and doors opened... Gads!!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the exact same way about my coffee. It's what I look forward to every morning of my life. Still no cold weather here..but we sure are enjoying the Series!
    IF ONLY I could light the fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a fine old time! those uggs sound just the ticket - I don't know how you manage all that hot weather!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post, Shug! I could not function without my morning coffee and Uggs---I wear the boots most of the winter here. They're great! It was near 80 here yesterday, very strange weather, and this morning it is 30, going up to 50 degrees today. Back to normal now! Have a good weekend, my friend and hope things are going well with your father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy the cold weather. It makes me want to bake and clean. I agree wearing soft shoes are good for me. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, girlfriend time is just the best and so refreshing. Glad you had a good time.

    We're in the 40's this weekend, so we're bundling up. :o)

    Blessings for a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...