Saturday, October 13, 2012

A No Stay at the Pumpkin Patch....



For some reason, I thought the Pumpkin Patch was suppose to be a Fun place to go.....A place of adventure for the 
kids.......and for family.

  This past Friday, I had planned a very special day for my precious granddaughters..

I had planned a special "Shug and granddaughter day" out!

We woke up.....had breakfast.....spent a couple of hours rolling our hair and getting all dolled up....before heading out the door to go to the Pumpkin Patch....and to take pictures!!

This was not our local Pumpkin Patch.  Oh no, we had to drive about 20 miles to get to the magical place we were so
anticipating to bring us a day of total FUN!

As we pulled up...the girls became very excited.   They could see the big green tractor, pulling a trailer that was lined with hay bales.   (The same tractor that was suppose to taking us out to the pumpkin patch)

As I parked the car, both girls could hardly wait to get out. We made our way over to the entrance gate, paid our money ($21.00 to be exact) and was placing the bright green bands on our wrist, when I heard a 
lady ask:  "Now, what school are y'all from?"

I told her that we were not with a school, and that we came by ourselves.   The lady then proceeded to tell me that they had made some changes and that individuals could now visit the Pumpkin Patch (only) on Saturdays and Sundays.

She said:  "Y'all can just come back tomorrow."  I don't think she ever looked down at those sad little faces on my two darlings.

this was not good....I had two sad little girls standing there, looking up at me....and there was no way that we could come back "Tomorrow" .....which was today!  So what was I going to do?

At this point, I had to do some mighty quick thinking.....
I told the girls we could go eat...wherever they wanted to go and then I would take them to the Children's Park.....

Yes, they chose Pizza!!


They ended up having a great time and we all three enjoyed spending a fabulous day together....



Shug...

10 comments:

  1. Oh,that's too bad about not being able to go to the Pumpkin Patch. Sounds like you made happy memories anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes someone else puts a crimp in our plans and we just have to roll with it. Looks like you did an admirable job and the fun was in the being together - not the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably the stupidest idea I've ever heard! Who has a pumpkin patch that folks have to drive a distance to and then be turned away? I hope she gave you the $21 back. Glad you were able to salvage the day for the darlings. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh too bad. I am so glad you saved the day with quick thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wasn't nice to turn you all away! Glad to hear that the girls had a good day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a crazy rule! Turning away children and adult customers?! Glad you made a special day out of it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean, really!!! What could it have hurt to let you all through. But, does sound like the day went well anyway. They are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame on them turning two sweet little girls away. I do know you had fun with them whatever you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sad.... I would NEVER go back to that Pumpkin Patch --no matter how good it was. $21.00, huh???? GADS!!!! Someone is out to make money....

    They truly should have advertised it better --or they should have allowed you all to go on and participate... Good Gosh--that is terrible...

    Glad you found a nice alternative for the girls.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How horrible for your cute little granddaughters and I hope you got your money back. What a rude woman to not let you go ahead. It would be many moons before I would go back there, if it were me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...