Monday, September 10, 2012

High Expectations....

  Just how High are your Expectations?

My sweet husband will tell you that I have SUPER HIGH Expectations, not only for myself, but for everyone and everything I come in contact with....(something I'm trying to work on)



                  This, the above statement is Oh....So....True!!

 High Expectations.....I don't know where it comes from!?! I have this need for things to be as PERFECT as can be!   I try to keep this particular trait hidden, but not sure that I do a very good job at it.  I'm pretty DAT-gum sure that there are times when others can sense my frustrations when the disappointment hits me.

Having a personality that sets high standards, can sometimes become extremely stressful... When, what I have pictured in a situation does not meet the expectations that I had planned, I then suffer with feelings of failure and frustration. 


There have been many times when I have put so much energy into making sure everything is planned to a  {T}...... only to realize that an obstacle {that is out of my control} is standing before me like a huge boulder.  It stops me in my track!  This usually happens because I have not crossed all those {T's} or because I failed to clear the path for all those sneaky (WHAT IF'S) that do sometimes happen.
Hey...this just clarifies that I'm human, doesn't it?  Most of the time, I'm stopped in my tracks because of the way life dances around me.

Take for example....any particular Holiday....I love to celebrate really BIG.  I work so hard and plan so much, and then when I don't get the reactions that I'm expecting from others, I feel let down. 

It's NO secret....I expect, I expect and I expect without considering 
the truth, that not everyone EXPECTS like I do....

You know what????   I'm gonna really work hard at overcoming this.  

Are you a person that just takes life with a breeze, or do you EXPECT more?

Blessings y'all
Shug ~  









6 comments:

  1. I expect more! Things don't always work out the way I want, but we must press on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can so relate to this entry. I've about decided that I'm often just sitting myself up for disappointment (just as you stated). Perhaps we should expect nothing and then be surprised if it turns out otherwise. Of course, that's easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug!

    Oh boy, did I ever need to read this post today!! Being a perfectionist can sometimes be very painful . . . ouch!

    I think the biggest thing, is just admitting it and getting on with it . . .which you have done very nicely by the way... :0) And so will I. Although, I will still worry about those darn expectations... ;0)

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just wrote about my thoughts..... I think after reading this... I really need to change my attitude. Thanks for such a GREAT post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say, I'm a lot like you and always have high expectations. But if I feel I've failed all I can do is improve the next time..smile..

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can roll with punches - hubby - well thats a different story - he like a high bar - for everyone!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Updates and Killdeer

* Thank you Ginny for correcting me....another prime example of my mind getting stuck on something....   LOL I totally knew that the little ...