Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good morning from the Ozark mountain range, located in the South-Western part of Oklahoma....


Huge, mountains of rocks is what surrounds the beautiful resort here.  And, there is a gorgeous lake, that looks to be about 20 feet below it's normal level!

Here is part of the dried up lake bed.....Just take a look at the picture above.   Those are rocks!  The way I see it, either a space ship carrying aliens landed her and left their sign, OR some kids/adults sure were having some fun while making this piece of art!


More of the dried up lake bed.....can you see the trail of old tires that are usually covered by several feet of water....
These were placed in the lake on purpose....Seems that the trout are fond of this area!


I had to take this picture for everyone to see....The biggest chicken fried steak I have ever seen...and it was delicious!!

Our reservations came with two free breakfast meals  and a free dinner meal for two....Hey, this is quite a deal!
The dinner meal also came with a decadent chocolate dessert that was "Ooooo la la...out of this world good."


We have stopped at several antique shops and have seen some very interesting items....Can't wait to get home and find a sweet place for the things I have purchased...

This is a great trip and I love spending time with my sweetheart and good friends...
Who knows what we might find today...
Old stuff, new things, and lots of food!!!

Wishing for each of you to have a fabulous Saturday...
Warm hugs...
Shug ~



6 comments:

  1. That lake bed is really interesting, but I know you all would prefer it filled with water! BTW -- I'm going with the idea of aliens! :)

    Never had chicken friend steak and that looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and hubby are taking a nice weekend away and having some great food too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great photos, you look to be having the best time, sounds like a wonderful place to visit.
    Thats a yummy dinner,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my!! Eat some for me, too, Shug! Sounds like a perfect trip! You'll have to pass along the name of the place y'all are staying at and a review! Enjoy! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks like you are having a great time. So happy for you.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, Shug. I agree with Kathy, looks like the work of aliens to me!! Don't you worry one bit about me here slaving away while you are living it up out there! I'll have a vacation .... Someday. Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...