Thursday, January 26, 2012

Letter To God......

Have you ever written a letter to GodI'm not sure that it really makes sense to do something like this...God already knows our hearts and He knows the things that weigh heavy upon us. 

During my fast, I really feel as if this is exactly what I've been doing....Writing to God each day....trying to understand the things that I do not understand....Trying to understand why some prayers are not answered!

Is God pleased with the Faith that I claim to have?  Am I really living with the Hope that I talk about?
What I have discovered about myself, is that I am just like many other people.   I feel tempted from time to time to throw my hands in the air and give a big shout  ...."I Quit."

But what would I be quitting?  If I quit praying, then I am denying myself the opportunity to believe that God even hears me.  If I quit reading the bible, then I am the one that goes unfed...  It is hard to understand that the Source of our strength and our Provider in all things is already with us.  But....When a situation seems hopeless, it is difficult to not grow weary and lose strength. 

 I feel as if I am missing something here?  Perhaps I have not understood what exactly it is that I am suppose to pray.  Is there a certain word I have to say or is there a specific request that I have to ask  in order for this need to be met?   If the need was for ME, it might be a little easier to understand , but when you are diligently praying for someone else, and there seems to be NO answers, it becomes a little harder to comprehend.  It's not as if I am selfishly asking for something.....

I have repeatedly gone before God and ask His favor upon a loved one who is not saved, yet this prayer remains unanswered.  I do know that fasting and praying is a very powerful spiritual combination and I also know that PRAYER IS THE BATTLE.......I AM DETERMINED TO SEE AND CLAIM THE VICTORY IN THE LIFE OF THIS LOVED ONE.........SO I WILL PRAY EVER CHANCE I GET!
We are told in Scripture to keep trusting and believing in all of our trials even when we don’t see the answer. 

Daniel the prophet fasted for the fulfillment of God's promises, and received mighty revelations from God.

So, I suppose my question is:  Am I giving God the diligence to assist Him in the answers that I long for?

God wants us to rely on His love.....He wants us to Trust Him.....He wants us to believe and have Faith.



Isaiah 40:31

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.  They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.


 TEACH ME LORD .....TEACH ME LORD TO WAIT!

I'm praying for a soul to be saved!

Shug......


6 comments:

  1. Oh, how familiar I am with this heartache. I often wonder am I spending enough time in prayer, saying the right words, in the right pose, etc? I begin to doubt myself. Maybe we just need to relax, trusting that God is in control. Maybe part of His plan is so we can flex those prayer muscles...I don't know. I'm still praying for your situation, Shug!

    1 Cor 16:13
    Remain alert. Keep standing firm in your faith. Keep on being courageous and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shug~~~it's as if you are speaking ' my heart.' I know that sometimes we are not meant to understand or even to 'see' the answers, but God does respond to all prayers, even when it is not the way we wish.
    Bless you, Shug, and your wonderful heartfelt words to me. You are a friend from afar that I treasure. I know you will
    Keep the faith and
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug, What God wants us to do is to stay in control of what we put in our mouths AFTER the 'fast' is over... That is one area I have not been very good at.. I would 'diet' --and then when it was over, I would EAT--and GAIN..

    I am trying hard, with God's help, not to do that EVER again... I hope you won't allow that to happen also... God truly wants us to take care of our bodies and to stay healthy.

    Good Luck to you AFTER it's over...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. All we can really do is pray, have faith, and read the bible to see what God wants of us. He does hear all our prayers, but only answers in his own time. Perhaps he is waiting till this person is really ready, perhaps some circumstance needs to happen first. We can only see the present, but God plans for far off in the future because He knows it all. I do go on, and I know you already know all this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are so inspirational. I love to read them first thing in the morning to get my day off to a good start. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you for continueing to try and understanding His way. Only God knows his plan, if we knew it we'd be "God"...smile... Blessings dear friend...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...