Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here Comes Newness...

"For nothing is impossible with God."   Luke1:37


Nothing....not anything is too difficult for God. 

We are about to celebrate the beginning of a brand new year....The year of 2012!  With this celebration comes newness...A new beginning, a new start.  We delight in knowing that there is HOPE for all the things that we have failed at, during the previous year...

New Years Resolutions....  A new year means that we can make new commitments to improve our lives or the lives of those around us.

1.  Lose weight     
2.  Stop some kind of habit
3.  Make an effort to help others
4.  Get fit
5.  Get out of debt
6.  Spend more time with family
7.  Slow down
8.  Get organized
9.  Follow a budget
10.  Be more earth friendly

This list can go on and on and on and on and on!  I think you all get the picture here.

Usually these are things that we have tried to do over and over again.  We just simply are not able to stick with the plan and we end up giving up!  God's word says that there is "nothing too difficult for God."  Do you believe this?  I certainly DO!

God is able to take our weaknesses and make them our strengths....

We put limitations on ourselves and we measure our strengths by
what WE believe WE can or cannot do.....The simple truth is that we don't have to wait for a New Year! God is with us always!

All we need to do is to call upon the Lord.  Through our asking and our commitment, we will be able to "Do all things through Christ, who strengthens us"


Blessings!!
                                                      *****

Now...More Christmas fun....


Tyler's Christmas gift.....a Truck!  His very first truck!  He has his permit to drive and will get "The REAL License" in March...
Woo Hoo......


My Turn at going through the relay race!!



Having some good ol' TEXAS BBQ......



Tori and the Sock Monkey.....


Well.....that's all folks.....at least for today!!

Have fun and be safe!
Shug

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your joyful encouraging post. That would be so much fun to get a truck for Christmas, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a truck, what a great gift!! You look festive and ready for anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN family!!!
    I want the Truck!!!!
    Great color!...lucky boy.
    The best New Years wishes sent your way...
    Thank You for stoppinf by and Yes...we do serve an amazing God!
    Hugs, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I want a truck! No fair! And I am going to have to really pray for God to help me keep my resolutions! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shug, What a fun and loving family you are! Aren't the puppies cute, can't wait to pick him up! We got a couple of inches of snow today and I thought of you:) Don't really make New Year Resolutions, perhaps just to take better care of myself so I can be there to serve others. Wishing you the best in 2012! Happy New Year and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shug, thank you for the wonderful pep talk!! You are so very right... all things are possible through Him. Now, a truck is a REALLY nice Christmas present!!

    Love the photo of you going through the race!! (I'm wearing those same jammies right now.) Great holiday fun! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luchy son what a GREAT surprise. Looks like ya'll had fun.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute photos of your family. And you have a good list of goals to attain. Nos. 1, 4 and 8 would definitely be on my list!
    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Shug! Thankyou for brightening my day every time I read your blog! I wish you and your loved ones health and happiness! Happy New Year! Annemarie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...