Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Good News Is.....



Growing up, I was taught that America was a Country of "Unshakable Love"

"One Nation Under God."

Today marks the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and ten years later, we still mourn the loss that this great nation endured on that early September morning....

Our piece of the world was Shaken that day, as this nation dissolved into a frightened, anxious and broken Country...... 

The good news is, for it is certain, that this nation stood together and refused to let the enemy wear us so thin that the very light of the USA would be extinguished......

We were troubled.....People everywhere were reaching out to God for strength and consolation.  When things went wrong, and our Country was facing tough times like this nation had never seen before, we asked God for help...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you WILL find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
                                Mathew 11:28-30

Through God's Mercy, His Love, and His Grace, this nation has risen above.

God's hand is always near us, and we must never forget that our Loving Father is the solid rock...He did not fail us!  


To Be Continued!

Shug ~ 




3 comments:

  1. Praise God for the Rock we have to stand firm on.The winds of trials and suffering my come but we can stand on solid ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice tribute!!! I will have to stop by and read the rest tomorrow, even though it's my day off the computer. I love that shot of the old flag, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Shug. That day is so painful I could hardly watch tv this weekend. I am proud of the way we all stood together and the patriotism displayed made me so hopeful. I'm not feeling as hopeful as I was on 9/12, but with God in our lives we will be okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...