Monday, September 26, 2011

Rooster In The Yard!

I needed a (Rooster) just this big this morning...
I needed it to be my alarm clock!  I have always wanted one....maybe not this big, but I have always wanted a rooster!  My neighbors might not appreciate me having one, but hey, I just might need to get me a rooster and name him "Henry!"

The mornings are now dark, and it is so hard to get up.
I decided this weekend that I need to start getting up EARLIER, and I am going to really try to do so...

I am an early morning person....I like to wake up, cook breakfast, put the laundry on, clean the house, run my errands and be back home by noon...
It is very hard to do all of this, when I don't wake up until 6:30!  And...you noticed that said:  "I like to" not that "I do"

Once I do finally wake up at 6:30, my feet are going non-stop until late in the afternoon. BUT... For some reason, this schedule is just not working out for me.  I can't seem to keep up.   SO....this is the reason that I have decided to become a 5:00 morning person.

If this big ol' rooster would just show up at my window around 5:00 and start crowing, I know that it would be easy to pull myself out from under the warm covers and hit the floor in a hurry. 

An hour and a half could make a big difference for me!  Would anyone notice if I did miss a few (90) minutes of beauty sleep?  Probably so!  I need all of the beauty rest that I can get, but I also need to accomplish and get done, everything that my day holds.

 Woo Hoo....Time Change is just around the corner!

Perhaps this will be the answer for me....

~ ~ ~ ~

Need something great for a snack??

Try this:

Hershey's Rolo Nibbler

Small Pretzels
Milk Chocolate Rolo Chewy Caramels
Pecan halves

Directions:  Heat oven to 350 F.   Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Top pretzel with Rolo.
Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until Rolo caramel piece begins to soften (not melt)
Remove from oven; top with pecan half.  Cool completely.....Enjoy!!


Have a fabulous Monday...

Warm hugs and Sweet smiles!

Shug ~


8 comments:

  1. Hi There, I'm back after a few weeks off from blogging. Hope you are doing okay. I have missed all of my blogging friends --but needed that break!

    Yum---that looks delicious.

    I'm not a morning person either ---never have been... These days we seldom get up before 7:30... Lazy us!!!! ha


    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never need a rooster! In the 45 years of marriage, except when I was away somewhere, hubby has awakened without an alarm clock. He starts the coffee, sets the table for breaky, and then he wakes me and we enjoy our morning start together. And all this by 5:30! It's our biological clock now! Even on days off I can only sleep in an hour.

    Those snacks sound delicious - but we're cutting sugar here!!

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug, I've never been a morning person...ever! I'm a night owl and night owls need their sleep so that means I'm struggling to get up by 7 at the earliest. Thankfully, hubby doesn't care as I've fixed his lunch the night before and he's not a big breakfast person. The treat sounds good and easy...just the kind I like. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am an early riser also. I am usually up by 5:30 and that makes the day go so much better. Hope you can get that gorgeous Roo to wake you up a little earlier. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely not a morning person, but I do like the rooster picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5:00 sounds very early.I thought 5:30 was early enough.The snack idea sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be a morning person, but alas, I'm not. I have noticed that it's still dark at 7AM which makes me think it's much earlier. Very hard to get up and going for work when it's still dark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Rooster! This reminds me of the woman who bought huge rooster sculpture and took it home, sat it up on her front porch, rang the doorbell and then hid in the bushes until her husband (who worked from home) came and answered the door. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...