Monday, September 5, 2011

Holiday Celebrations....

Happy Labor Day Y'all.....  The temperature where I'm at is 62 degrees...YAY!

I learned something new this weekend....I did not realize  that people celebrate Labor Day with Fireworks.



(Borrowed Picture)

Seems that a good many of the towns/cities that we traveled through, were having some kind of weekend celebration with fireworks planned as part of the festivities....

There was one town that we dove through, in Arkansas, that was having a HUGE garage sale...The highway was lined up with people selling all kinds of stuff and junk.....We would loved to have stopped, but as we were driving through, the rain started pouring down.  HEAVY RAIN DROPS!

Another city was having a Blue Grass festival along with fireworks over the lake....and the town of Clinton was having a celebration of old wagon races....

I guess I never realized that there was so much to do on Labor Day Weekend. 

We usually stay home on Holiday weekends, and I guess this is perhaps, the reason that I have never had the knowledge of knowing that there are Labor Day celebrations with fireworks.

I hope you all are enjoying a wonderful day with your family and friends....and don't forget the FIREWORKS!



Warm Hugs and Sweet Blessings!

Shug ~



8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day.
    There will be a post later on our weekend adventures.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shug.. I hope you are having a good day! Glad you shared this info with us... (I didn't know any of that either...) We used to go to the lakes on the Labor Day weekend, but didn't see all this going on...smile (probably too busy fishing..lol) So thank you again for sharing this!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love fireworks. They make me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Shug, did you get that amazing picture?? I didn't know about this kind of celebration, either! I would have loved the wagon races, did you see them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...