Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Do You See The Whole Picture?

Oh.....What a Glorious Day...

As I walked outside this morning, there was such a refreshing feeling that came all over me....The temperature dropped considerably overnight and just to feel the coolness was simply amazing.

Texas is still so very dry!  I am asking each of you to be in prayer for our state.  Wild fires seem to be raging everywhere and many folks have been evacuated from their homes. 

                                     ~  ~ ~ ~ ~

How many time have you heard...... that the grass is always greener on the other side?

I suppose it's just a part of life, how people are constantly admiring how green the grass is for others....



But, do we really take the time to see the big picture, the whole picture of what looks to be so green?  Or....do we see only those things that we long for? 

I'm sure that we have all done this at least once along this pathway of life.  We see the good times, the joy, and yes sometimes the material happiness that those around us have.
None the less, we tend to see only those things that WE desire , not realizing that underneath the green grass, there may be many issues that we are unaware of, like problems that are not visible to our eyes...

It is true, sometimes, there seems to be those folks that make life look easy...people who seem to have everything good in life.  People whose happiness shines through like the sun on a cool brisk day.


On the other hand, these same people may be experiencing trials that bring about hidden pains. ...things like health issues, sadness of an unsaved loved ones, heartaches over situations that are beyond their control...

It's all about ...... A T T I T U D E....  and the way that we see life....is your glass half empty, or is it half FULL?

We need to wake up each day....Full of gratitude!  We should  be thankful for what is ours and thankful for the peace that can be ours, only when we take the time to recognize the Blessings that God has given each of us...

We are Blessed!

Hope you day brings you joy and goodness....

shug ~

11 comments:

  1. I heard today that there was a record number of natural disasters - 10 this year - highest number on record and that is just in the United States! One gets too much dry and one gets too much wet. Prayers for everyone!

    And I agree - Happiness is a choice!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray the fires stop burning in your state and our province as well, there are so many burning here from lightening strikes,, its very scary,, I'm a half full glass girl,, always have been,, got that from my mum and proud of it.Great post,, take care,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your state, so many I know there that are facing fires!
    Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug, Great post!!!! Love your header ---especially that picture on the right.. CUTE!!!

    Yes---it's all about attitude.. We needed rain --and I griped for a month. Now we got it... But--now I worry about someone else who didn't get it (like your state)... Worrying doesn't help---but praying does!!!!!

    Hope you get rain soon.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for Texas. We have had so many disasters all over the country.
    I am so very grateful for my blessings, but still need to quit complaining about circumstances beyond my reach and let the Lord take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shug I am praying for those in your state!

    Great post...thank you for reminding us of how blessed we are!

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attitude really does make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this insertional post.It is so easy to see just the good things in other people's lives and not know what lies beneath all that perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just to be different - I'm a glass ALL full kind of person myself - half of water and half of air! Great post Shug! Just prayed for Texas and have had them in my thoughts. It's a very trying time with all those natural disasters, but nothing surprises our Father and HE is in control. Just wondering why HE has made this earth to groan so much this year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Razzle dazzle, I like it.

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

    Splashin',
    Sarah
    http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post, Shug!

    I have 3 dogs that have their own food bowls. They all receive the same food, yet my overweight chihuahua stalks the smaller chihuahua's bowl until she's finished, hoping for a tidbit! He thinks her food is better even tho it's the same as his. :/

    So even dogs have this desire. I do find myself doing that from time to time and then check myself. God has provided adequately for my needs and that is enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...