Friday, July 8, 2011

Thankful Friday

Morning Everyone....It's gonna be another fabulous day!

This morning I would like to share 5 more things that I am extremely grateful for....


1.  Good Christian Neighbors....Bill and Dorothy!  They lived across the street from us when our girls were little.  We sold our home and moved closer to town, then a few years later,  Bill and Dorothy sold their home and moved into the house that she grew up in.  About 7 years ago, Sam and I bought a house just across the street from them...(Just can't get away from each other)  so now, we are neighbors again!

I must tell you that they both are what I would call hoots!
He is the guy that is always trying to scare me by pretending he has a snake....she is the one that had him sneak up and unplug my Christmas lights one year...I thought the lights had blown a fuse, but oh no....Bill and Dorothy were sitting on their porch, just laughing their hearts out, while I was trying my best to replace about 10 fuses.....

He scared me early this morning...I was outside watering my plants and he quietly came up behind me and yelled....I nearly had to run catch my own heart!!

              They are truly great friends and neighbors...




2.  Our home.....We are so Blessed to have a nice place to call home....It's not what some might consider an extravagant home, but it is a home that is FILLED with LOVE!  What could be better than this?




3. My Morning Coffee in my favorite cup......

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles, it empties today of it's strength" 

Great words, and great coffee to start my day!



As for me and my house, We will serve the Lord!



God is the strength of our hearts and our portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

4.  I am thankful for scripture that is written on the wall in our family room and above the sink in our kitchen....

What a Blessing it is to my heart to be able to walk through these rooms and read these scriptures every single day....



Family in Florida


                     Pictures of Grandchildren..

5.  I am thankful for the many, many photos that I have sitting around everywhere in our home...These are memories of special times or events.  Being able to see all these photos each day allows me to reminisce and ponder upon all the happiness in our lives....

Hope you have enjoyed reading about all the things that I am thankful for.  


Sweet Blessings and Warm Hugs.....

shug ~

9 comments:

  1. Awe - how sweet and I am thankful for you and a lot of the same things you are thankful for!
    My kids are driving in from Ohio today as I write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I agree that staying focused on family and what you already have is the key to happiness. We are lucky gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Shug... I am thankful for so many things also. We all are --or should be... Life is full of wonderful things all around us... God Bless You --and your love for life.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shug, I think that your heart is so large, and has enough room to love everyone and everything!! What a history you have with your neighbors!! And I love your shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those two do sound like ahoot. i remember your snake story and it made me laugh sooooo hard.

    Have a super weekend.

    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shug...what a great post! Love hearing about your neighbors..always such a blessing to have some who you can enjoy! smile...

    You've really got a nice home..and love your verses on your walls. Oh yes, and those pictures of your grandchildren are so sweet! I too have mine on the fridge...smile...

    Blessings and have a great weekend.

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Thankful Friday post! Such a blessing! Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful things to be thankful for. Looks like you are blessed in many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Not sure I'd want my neighbor scaring me half to death, tho! Ha! I'd turn the tables on him! Love the color of your brick house. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...