Tuesday, July 12, 2011


A Man isn't Poor if he can still laugh!
                                                 Raymond Hitchcock


I love laughter.....for me, it's a wonderful sensation
that brings about a good feeling of peace in my life.....

Sam and I have spent the past few days at a business meeting in Frisco and in our spare time, we have been tranquilized by the laughter of two precious little girls....

Tori and Mylee have kept us singing and dancing with every turn we make....

Shanda and Carson are staying just a few miles away at another hotel, because Carson is playing baseball in this huge select team tournament...I have been keeping the girls with me during the games,  because it is too hot for them out at the ball field.

Last night, we made a stop over at the "Super Target" store and our two "Sweet" little granddaughters pulled a fast one on their pops.....I was shopping in another area of the store and Sam was busy wheeling the girls around in one of those huge, over sized buggy's that has two seats. 

They had asked me earlier if we could visit the toy isle and I did say yes, but when they relayed this information to their Pops, I think they added a few of their own words. They (THOUGHT) they heard me say that Pops was going to buy them a "Garden Fairy Doll."   

Pops was just doing what he thought I wanted him to do, so when they meet me at the check out counter, they have  2 dolls and smiles on their face as big as a quarter moon.....


I suppose one might say that  laughter has been our instant vacation!!

We have laughed, we have smiled, we have held hands and we have made some special memories with these two precious girls....




Enjoy life.....find something to laugh about today...

Shug ~

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning! I hope it's OK that I linked your post with our A-Z today...it's L and laughter works perfectly! I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful time, how lucky are those two little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little girls probably learned "sneakiness" from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katharine.... this is wonderful..

    Glenda.....now don't go spreading rumors about me like that! Love ya girl....

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it is said in Mary Poppins--I love to laugh!
    In our classroom we live by the e e cummins motto-cause if we didn't we would cry from the stress!

    Enjoy your day.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your time with the grandgirls, Shug.... Laughter is GREAT --and obviously, you heard alot of it!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cute story!!! And now I wouldn't mind seeing those dolls! We have a Target, but not a Super Target, I would love to see one, Target is my favorite store. Phil and I have laughed so much together, but he finds most people "straight men". He cracks so many jokes about things, and the other people often don't get it, they just think he's serious and keep right on talking! Meanwhile, I am hysterical and they don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet. I say...way to go girls to those little sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart little girls. I bet there were giggles galore over fooling G'pa into getting the dolls. I love a good laugh!

    Re: the last post...I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when Sam got his head soaked...I probably would have laughed! Sorry, Sam, but the visual makes me smile even now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandchildren have a way of bringing smiles and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely time - I'm glad they got their dolls!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh bless you Shug...you truly are making wonderful memories, not lonly for those precious little girls but also for you!

    Blessings and laughter!!!
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I need to laugh more. Thanks for the reminder. And...my name is Shanda too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not agree with you more - it feels good makes you healthier and happier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this and feel the same way about laughter. I think the perfect description is calling it an instant vacation.

    I think you should link this with the Simple Pleasures party at A Collection of This and That. Laughing is such a simple pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...