Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Ring

 Woke up early Sat. morning with plans already in my head...  I had planned to go into town, buy my

Father's Day gifts then come home and work in my yard....   Sam's gift?  I know he's not MY dad, but he is

the dad of my girls, so I always have to get him a gift......

This year....I wanted to get him a new ring.  He has a nice wedding band, but I wanted to give him a ring

with scripture engraved on it.....MY PLANS, once again, were to go by myself.  I had it all figured out...

Sam does not wear his ring when he is working, so I was going to sneak his wedding band out of the house

and take it with me in order to get the correct sizing on the new ring. 

Guess What?  He comes in and announces that he is going to  town with me.  I already had his ring in my

purse!  What now!  What now was that he spent 30 min. looking for his ring......Oh no....I knew he was

fixing to ask me about the ring......and he did!  He ask me if I had seen his ring.

Ooops...Was i gonna tell him the truth or tell a white lie.....OK....here is the deal.  He didn't ask me if I

had seen his WEDDING RING, he just said ring....SO, I told him NO!

We go ahead and go into town and he lets me out at the mall.....I sneak around to the "James Avery" store,

find the ring I want to get him, make the purchase and leave.  I meet up with Sam and we head out to

go eat lunch.....

This time he ask me if I'm sure I had not seen his WEDDING RING....  I had to tell the TRUTH!

I pull out his ring and give it to him....Of course, he wants to know why I have it....

So.....Sam now has his EARLY father's day gift.....


I don't have a picture of his ring right now because it is being re-sized........Seems his fingers are a tad

bit bigger than they used to be!

The scripture says...."I am my beloved and my beloved is mine"

Sam loved the ring!

Have a great evening....

Shug

8 comments:

  1. I smiled at this story.How sweet of you give him such a special gift,even if it meant being a little sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! What a sweet story! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats lovely ,,brought tears that did,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny story!! And what a special wife you are for doing this for him. It's refreshing to see a man who actually wants to wear his wedding ring and will look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet - love the story - he must be a very special man!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day there my dear friend! You are just too funny and let me say the sweetest wife!... and the sweetest friend! Mega Hugs! With love and care from Kerrie. xOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...