Monday, June 13, 2011

Late Posting.....

My sweet husband just told me that my blogging friends were going to D-I=V-O-R-C-E me if I didn't get with it.....In other words, I need to have my blog posted before 8:00 each morning!!!!!!!!!

You all know that I am certainly not one to COMPLAIN.....but every bird needs to be fed at some point and I suppose my COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT is starving right about now!!

Evidently my sweet husband has not walked in my shoes any during the past three days.....Do you remember my Sat. morning?  He and I went into town and I purchased his ring....ended up taking it back to get it re-sized...  Well... Ithink I need to finish the rest of the story so my friends can understand what is up with my late posting....

We have one grandson that is playing select baseball and his team travels long distances to play ball on the weekends.  After Sam and I finished in town this past Saturday, we decided that perhaps we needed to go watch Carson play ball...We have only seen him play a couple of times during this ball season...

His team had traveled to Waxahachie for a two day tournament and even though this is a two hour drive from our house to there, we figured it would be a shorter distance to travel in comparison to most of his
tournaments.....But wait....there is more to the story....(Hope it won't be too confusing for you)

Tucker had a scheduled appointment in Dallas on Monday.  Since I was already going to be in that area, I was also going to drive a few extra miles to the city of Frisco to pick up something for Trista at the "Kids Pottery Barn."

To save me some time on Monday, Sam suggested that we drive on up to Frisco on Saturday, pick up the item and then drive South to Waxahachie (which is about an hour away from Frisco.)  I was 100 percent in favor of his suggestion, especially since it would save me some time on Monday....

Carson's game was not until 5:45 and then he had another game at 7:45........We get to the ballpark and the games are running an hour behind....FINALLY....it is game time...We watch the (6:45) game and even stay to watch a couple of innings of the last game.....By the time we get home, it is 11:00 P.M.

Sunday morning....wake up, try to play catch up in getting everything done that I needed to have gotten done on Sat. evening....Get dressed for church....go to church (Awesome Service).....eat lunch, meet Trista in town to pick out paint for their NEW house.....come back home....Pack to leave for Dallas!

I was so thankful that Shanda and Mylee had decided to go with us.....Shanda drove in order for me to write my Sunday post....I certainly did not have time to proof read it, so if there were mis-spelled words, well let's just say, you now know why....          (Tucker's mom could not take him for this appointment because she is teaching summer school)

Get to Dallas at 7:00 P.M........grab  something for us to eat......go to hotel....watch the "MAVERICKS WIN the NBA FINALS" and then, we hit the hay...(this is short for WENT TO BED)......It was a long night!  Didn't sleep very well, and to make matters worse, when I finally did go to sleep (around 3) I was soon awakened around 4:30 by the smell of BACON!!!  YES BACON.  Our room was just above the kitchen and it seems the hotel likes their BACON COOKED EARLY!!

Alarm goes off at 6:30....Tucker's first appointment at "Children's" is at 8:00.....they are running late....
Finally, his heart sonogram is done by 9:15.......Next on the list is to get his check-up....

OMG....OMG.....Oh My Goodness!!!!   It takes FOREVER....and EVER for the Dr. to see him!
FINALLY, (AGAIN)......we are done...

You might say,.... is this the end of the story?...  NO, Nada, it's Not!
I ended up having to drive back to Frisco to purchase another item for Trista.....

I walked into the house at 5:00 P.M. this afternoon, and I am just now writing my Monday post...

I'm really not complaining....I am thrilled to be busy!    I truly am Blessed to be able to run and go like I do.  I am always more than willing to do whatever I need to do for my family.....

I told Sam that I knew you all would completely understand why I am posting LATE today!  I promise to be on time Tomorrow!!  I have had a BUSY weekend, but I am so thankful that I was not walking in Sam's shoes today.......I'm not very fond of these things called "Kidney Stones!"

Hugs to all my friends.....

Sweet Blessings!

Shug ~

And BTW....Tucker got a great report on his check-up!  Woo Hoo..
We are extremely Thankful!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this,, I look forward to your posts each day but would never ever want you to push yourself to exhaustion,, we all care for you too much,, so happy you had such good news,, sleep well,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax!!! I used to think I HAD to post every single day, except maybe Christmas. But I have changed my mind. Lately, with being sick and then being rushed with all our other things, if I am too tired, I just skip a day and don't post. And all my followers are still there waiting for me when I get back. Yours will be, too! You don't want to burn out, that happens to bloggers. Don't put so much pressure on yourself, I found that skipping a day here and there is quite good! BUT I am loving reading about all you have been up to! You must have been a marathon runner in school! I am curious about what you got at Kids Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so first off, breathe...Girl, you made me exhausted just reading this!lol. Take all the time you need and post at whatever time you want, we'll still be here! So glad that all your busyness is filled with family and fun!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it sounds to me like you need to hit the hay early tonight and get some well deserved rest.No,I'm not your Mama,but I know what I would need after all that.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa girl---park the car and rest!!!!!!
    Mr. Ken and I know about those stones--good luck to Sam.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about it! I don't even have time to read until late at night! Just glad to have you out in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read your blogs early in the morning but I understand when things come up and you can't get it done early. Seems most of your blogs hit home with me so they are uplifing early in the morning. Super glad Tucker got a good report....God is good all the time....all the time God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What they all said!! We'll be here - when and if you post! I can't post every day - still working and babysitting and shopping for groceries and doctor's appointments for hubby, for me, well you know how it is! LIFE! I wouldn't want to deal with kidney stones either - painful I hear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day Shug! I wished you and your family lived closer to me. I love how you all love and care for each other, no matter what it takes. You are God's very precious jewels. Thank you for sprinkling my heart with loving kindness and friendship. God bless! With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...