Thursday, June 2, 2011

In The Dog House....

The Dog House is occupied.....Just take a guess! 



This time it's NOT being occupied by Sam!



                                                                         It's Bella.....

OMG.....am I ever not happy with this little lady.....


Seems that she is becoming territorial.....and the new flowers are in her way....

As fast as I plant my flowers....she digs them up!
And she doesn't like "dusty miller" at all!  Not only does she dig these up, but she stomps them to pieces...

For me it's like throwing money away...

Bella kinda got a spanking for her behavior and I thought that would be the end of her digging....WRONG!

As soon as I turned my back, she was pulling up the flowers AGAIN! 

 When I scold her, she just stares at me with her big eye (she only has one eye) and turns her head back and forth like she doesn't understand what I'm saying!

I am determined to win here, so if she has to spend the night "In The Dog House," then so be it.....

What is the deal....Have any of you ever had this problem before?

OK...I'm on my way out to PLANT again....Guess we will soon see who rules the back yard!

Have a Blessed Day!

Shug

10 comments:

  1. Oh gosh what a problem!!! You need to consult a Caesar Milan book! He is The Dog Whisperer and there is no dog problem that he can't fix!!! Maybe put something vile around the flowers that she won't want to go near? She never did this before? Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same problem with some sunflowers I planted last weekend. My male dogs want to pee all over them and the bigger dog tries to dig them up. We try to watch them, but can't always be out there. So aggravating. If you can put a temporary little fence around them that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's Bella and not me in the Dog House!
    My wife loves her flowers!

    Your Better Half
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Shug, I don't know how to help you. We used to have a German Shepherd who loved to pee on all my flowers and flower pots! I never could break him of that. I could have used a Dog Whisperer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I've heard, you need to keep your authority as leader of your pack. It sure is no fun to deal with such behavior. All the best for you! I tend to agree with Ginny's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes I have had this problem,, i went around my flower beds palnting the annuals I had just bought,, petunias and the normal ones,, you know,, and here our old springer spaniel was going behind me pulling each one out,, plopping them down behind me,,he didn't stomp on them though,, eventually I just gave up,, so sweet your little ones are,,hard to be angry for long ,,"maybe",, lol,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might try red pepper flakes or marigolds since they smell funny.
    This is a hard call.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Jack Russell and she digs up everything and takes NOOOOOOOOO notice! Good luck!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shug!

    What a naughty girl - but she is cute! I have a big Black Lab, who loves to dig! I resorted to buying the biggest can of cayanne pepper I could find and sprinkling it everywhere he dug - it worked! I have to re-apply it pretty regularly, but it stops him from digging . . . good luck!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My.... How could anything so precious be mean???????? For some reason she doesn't like those flowers you planted... Maybe she has a treasure buried under them!!!!!! ha

    Hope you didn't beat her up too badly..... ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...