Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Brand New Look!

Summer Fun!!!!

                     *********
A Brand New Look......
I am in desperate need of a facelift on my blog....This is something that I have been trying to get done for some time now....

The problem is that I just have not had any  EXTRA TIME  lately....Our home is a miniature "Grand Central Station."  Of Course.....Sam and I love it this way!  Only difference is that this miniature GCS serves lunch, snacks, and sometimes dinner!   Wouldn't change it.......... 

We have three grandchildren that play two ballgames (EACH) per week....another grandson that plays select baseball on the weekends, and the oldest is playing on a Summer basketball team.  His team also plays on the weekends....Love watching these kids play ball and don't like missing their games!

And of course, we have Sunday church and Wednesday night church.....


I would be interested to know how each of you spend your time blogging....do you wake up each morning and decide what you are going to write, or do you have it already prepared and saved to a draft?

How much time do you spend on your blog?  Writing, Reading, doing research, posting pictures, changing the background, or commenting?

I have always been a morning writer...I get up and write what is on my mind....This means that I have to delay reading and commenting until late at night.....This leaves little time for a FACELIFT!

Summer is here and I think I will have more time to enjoy my blog..... ! @??

But....I would love to know how you work out your schedule for blogging.....

I have not missed one single day of blogging since I started this journey and I am very excited about this.....Hope to continue posting every day....

A new facelift is coming.....hopefully soon, but in the mean time, I would love to hear about your blogging time....

This is going to be a great weekend....Enjoy!

Blessings,

Shug ~

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your new look, although Iove the one you have now,, I usually post my blog at night,, then read blogs for aanhour each morning,, I rarely have time in the day,, maybe at noon for a bit,, then in the evening a browse blogs and play catch up,, for maybe another hour,, I write as I think,, something comes to me,, ha ha,, you can certainly see its unplanned and sometimes not sensible at all.I've only been blogging a short time but I'm enjoying meeting you all soooo much,, have a super day,, grand central staion was exacltly what our house ,, a few years ago,, my children ar 31, 35, 37 so not so much,, only one child lives near us,, the other two are far away,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog just a set four days per week and try to keep that schedule. With my two kids it gets too crazy to blog each day! I try to comment later in the evenings as I have pretty much given up television!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about giving up TV. If anything,I listen to the tv while I read. Not good. I so much appreciate all of your info. I have to set a new schedule for myself. Helps to hear how others plan their blog time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug, it's a beautiful weekend here, I hope it is there as well. You and I have this in common! We babysit regularly, have church twice a week, do deacon work, teaching, it is hard to find the time for commenting and blogging. My blog is about how I see God in my everyday life, so I try to keep it to things that have just recently happened, but so much happens every day that it gets backed up. I keep a little notebook, and anytime something bloggable happens, or I take some pictures, I write down my idea for a post. I probably have a hundred or so now. So when I have nothing for the day, I just look in my little notebook to jog my memory. An entry might look like "Sunset October 5", or "Dinner At Cracker Barrel". I also try to change my background and text color every time I change the blog, something to match it. That way, it looks new each time. I do not save posts or pre-schedule, because I've had it mess up too many times. Hope this is some help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleaseeee don't get "burn out"....I so enjoy your blogs! I don't blog but I would think for me it would be better in the morning because something always seems to come up during the day for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blog at random,even more so since I am alone.I usually pick the pictures first,since it is called a photo blog,and then I just let the comment appear.I read blogs anytime I have few minutes to spare.About changing,I try to change the header and colors monthly.I guess,just because I enjoy doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shug, I spend WAY too many hours blogging. I LOVE to write blogs and since we travel so much, I never run out of things to say. We also have alot of different interests --so hopefully, I provide enough variety so that my blog doesn't get stale.

    What I struggle with is getting to make comments on other blogs. Sometimes, I just don't have time to get to everyone --although I try. My followers' list (the people I follow) is now over 100 --and that doesn't count all of those 'occasional' visitors.

    I do all of my week's blogs the weekend before that next week... And--during the weekend, I don't spend much time reading others' blogs. That way, my blogs are done --so that during the week, I have more time to comment.

    I quit posting blogs on the weekends which helps me with my time. I also don't post them on most holidays or when we travel. But--I try to let people know when I am not going to post.

    I change my blog look once a month --but still try not to make it too busy. I only use about 7 pictures max --which may still be too many.

    I enjoy blogs with substance. I enjoy the relationship with other bloggers. I email with many of my blog friends.I have so many wonderful blog friends. I wouldn't change that for the world...

    Guess I've yakked enough.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to your blog-facelift! Your blog is always so encouraging and uplifting! I especially love how close you and your family are! There is no greater gift from the Lord than our families is there!!!

    I post my blog each night and schedule it to post @5:20am every time. That way when I go about my day it is already done and when I have time I read others blogs. Mostly at night when I schedule my post is when I read others as well but if I am too tired then I will spend time during the day. Summer is always better because things are less hectic and my kids sleep in so I have more quiet time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...