"Even to your old age and to gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4
Every single day, my cry is "Oh Lord."
On any given day, I can count on my dad stopping by my house at 11:15 in the morning. His life is surrounded by routine, and every day is the same as the day before, with the exception of Sunday. My dad is suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's and as this disease attacks his mind, the cumulative knowledge and memories of a lifetime are gradually being erased.
This disease causes severe consequences for the person whose thought process in life is slowly slipping away from them. It also causes stressful and overwhelming hardships on their family and friends.
I was visiting with him this past week and I could see the sadness in his eyes and I could hear the weakness in his voice when he was trying his best to remember the names of his grandchildren. Big tears were in his eyes and he just looked at me and said, "I don't know what is wrong with me." My heart felt as if it were breaking into a thousand tiny pieces....
I asked God...."What can I do?....What if he forgets you Lord?"
Then, this scripture came to my mind...."I will never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5
What Great Comfort.......
No matter what shape our mind is in, God will never forget us!
Our salvation is not dependent upon the strength of any feeble or diseased mind! God does not close the gates of Heaven just because our memories are lost into a space of the unknown.
None of us know what the future holds, and if our minds are diseased way before our body gives up, then we can still rest assured that God will never leave....He will never forget....Praise God!!!!
Yes.....It is so sad to watch the memory of my dad fade away and to see the fear of the unknown on his face, but, I know ....God will be there to guide me, He will give me the comfort that I need and He will carry me when I can not stand alone.
Myspace Graphics at 123glitter.com
- ► 2017 (47)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (163)
- ► 2014 (222)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (288)
- The Language of Friendship
- The Colors of The Rainbow...so pretty in the sky!
- I Will Not Forget You...
- Simple Pleasures Of Life....
- Does Grace Know Your Name?
- If you're gonna DREAM, then dream BIG!
- The What If's Of Life.....
- Oh Spring....You Are Almost Here!
- Do you have the Magic Formula that I Need?
- Thankfulness Is Something
- Thankfullness is Something
- In the seed in an Apple....you can't see it yet"
- A Bargain Crafty Kind of Gal.....
- Strength Of A Survivor
- Need Extra Time? Let me tell You how to get it!
- Using your Talents...Free Throws For Souls!
- Love Is A Good Thing ~
- Our Inner Beauty
- " Why? Lord"
- When Being A Kid Was FUN!
- I Never Caught Anything From An Apron....But Love
- Life Is Sweeter With A Little Chocolate
- A New Adventure In Life
- It Hurts To Say Goodbye
- Snow Day 2011
- All In A Week!
- cAN'TdO aNYTHING rIGHT iS mY tITLE tODAY!
- I think Its About To Get Cold
- I could Be In Trouble
- Blooming Where God Plants Me.....
- ▼ February (30)