Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Self Worth = Happiness....

Isaiah 43:1 ~

43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.



Hello....my name is Shug and I am a child of God!   This means that my self worth has no limits...

Our self worth is the foundation that we have to stand on in life and what we believe about ourselves is what determines our SELF WORTH.~

It is wonderful to know that God knows my name and  I am important to HIM.   I know this based on God's love for me and the sacrifice that He made for me. 

Many times in life, we make poor choices for ourselves because we have such a strong desire to be accepted.  Accepted by who?  By society!  I have been guilty of doing this very thing.  As humans, we look to the world to decide if we are worthy.  We are concerned about the way other people value us.  We trick ourselves into believing that our level of intelligence determines our value in life.

Way too often I have heard these things said:  "I'm Not Popular"...."They have a better job than me"..."I don't have many friends"..."I'm not athletic"..."I don't have much money"...."I'm not very pretty"...."I'm too old"...."Nobody likes me"...."I'm don't dress the part"....."I don't fit it"..~

These are excuses that allow us to remain in our own comfort zones.  They allow us to continue walking down the road of self-pity.   We base our worthiness upon all the negativity that we let creep into our lives. 

First of all, we need to KNOW WHO WE ARE.....WE NEED TO READ THE SCRIPTURES AND KNOW WHO WE BELONG TO!  WE BELONG TO A LOVING GOD WHO CREATED US AND SENT HIS SON JESUS CHRIST TO SAVE US!

.....WE ARE WORTH SOMETHING IN THE EYES OF OUR CREATOR!!

Loyal, kind, giving, full of goodness, generous, caring, loving, forgiving, these are just a few of the things that give value to our lives.....We should be true to ourselves and never let other people dictate our self worth.


Shug Sez...~

Believe in yourself and stand on the foundation that you are worthy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it mom! Perfectly said. So many struggle with this in life (myself included) and it is great to be reminded that we belong to a LOVING GOD. Thanks mom, TDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful message today! I often need a refresher course on this topic! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...