Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Virtuous Woman



Good Morning.....
Have to be in Dallas by 8:15 this morning
Hoping to miss some of the bus stops and the school traffic....

Proverbs Chapter 31:10...... the book ends with a written picture of a woman who has strong character, great wisdom, and great compassion...

She is an excellent wife and mother.  The book mentions her many talents as being a manufacturer, importer, manager, realtor, farmer, seamstress, upholsterer, and a merchant. But one thing I noticed is that it never mentions her appearance.  It does not describe her as being a beautiful woman as one would think.  Her attractiveness comes entirely from her character. 

What I love are her qualities....A hard worker, she respects her spouse, cares for others, has wisdom in dealing with money and she fears the Lord.  What honor, what worth!  I certainly would love to have every single one of her qualities...


If we really take time to study Proverbs we gain the opportunity to completely learn how to become wise, how to make good decisions, and how to live our lives according to God's plan...

I pray that God will help keep me focused and that I will gain knowledge each time I read this portion of scripture.  How awesome would it be live as this woman lived.  I can only think of how great an honor it would be....to be a VIRTUOUS WOMAN!

Shug Sez.....

We should all strive to be display these qualities in our own lives......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...