Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simple Goodness


This is a Bonus for the Day....
Beautiful Pictures!!



Isn't this Beautiful.....Sam and I were in town this past Sat. evening, and this was our view as we traveled home.....

Something like this just thrills my soul.  God can really paint some magnificent scenery that can take your breath away....

This picture does not even begin to do justice to real thing.  I could have sat there for hours just watching the scenes in the sky.  It so amazes me just how quick they disappear.  In a matter of what seemed to be minutes, the sky went from the beauty in the picture above, to the beauty that you see in the picture below...I think that I was in such awe, that I didn't even realize the time that was passing.....


What a majestic evening it was!!

*************************

I did a little baking yesterday afternoon just before the kids came in from school......By the time they get to my house, they are starving...Each one of them came in with their little noses stuck up in the air and they were sniffing like an old hound dog tracking down a coon.  Mind you, their sniffers were going crazy...

The stores are full of all kinds of snacks, but the management seems to think way too highly of what they have to sell.  The prices on these kind of foods is simply ridiculous.  

 The kids love Oreo's and I do try to keep some around at all times.  They will always go for  a glass of cold milk and oreo's.   There is only one problem!  One package does not last long when you have five hungry kiddos attacking it.  I am really trying to cut back on expenses and I know that making snacks myself is the cheapest and the smartest way to go.   

Yesterday I made  "Cake Mix Cookies"....These are way too easy but yet they taste sooooo good!



Just start with one box of yellow cake mix....
Add 1/2 cup of oil and 2 eggs.......
Mix well.


Add chocolate chips.....(I don't measure....I just pour until I like what I see)


Drop by tablespoons on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.......


Do not over bake.....


You end up with Yummy Cookies!

This recipe is so easy to change up...Add lots of pecans...Use a chocolate cake mix and add peanut butter chips.  The lemon cookies are great too!

You get great rewards in baking these simple, great tasting, easy cookies.....Lots of hugs and lots of kisses!!

Shug........

What's Baking Tomorrow??  Something Great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...