Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Memory Table

This is Thursday and you know what that means...Sausage Balls again....
My kids love Thursday mornings because they all look so forward to the HUGE batch of warm sausage balls that are just waiting to fill their little tummies! Oh...and a glass of cold chocolate milk.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll have a cup of coffee with me and perhaps a few sausage balls.  


Today's Prayer:

Precious Lord, thank You for being You, an almighty, powerful, yet sensitive and all-knowing God.  You have given us eternal life, and You love us unconditionally.  Help us to show Your love to our family, our friends and all those that we meet today...Lord, help us to deepen our relationship with You.  Let our greatest desires be Your Will for our lives...Amen





I have been as busy as a bee!  I have done some reorganizing and have moved things around to get ready for my new sofa, chair and ottaman.  Of course, this is nothing new for me.  I love to change things around. 

There are some pieces of furniture that really matter and then there are those pieces that are simply not that important.  Take my sofa table for example.  We have had this table for a very, very long time and I can not even commence to tell you how important it is. 










One might would ask...What makes this table so remarkable? 

This table has indeed served as a bed, a stage, theater, gymnastics floor, dance floor, chair, game table, eating table, jumping table and every other kind of table a kid could possibly invent. On any given day, you will be able to find one or two of them stretched out on the table watching TV. 

Everyone of our grandkids has played and entertained us on this table. We call it the

"Memory Table"

So many memories have been made on this one single table.  I could never get rid of it. 
For years now, Sam has wanted to let each of the grandkids carve their name on it.  Before, I would always have a feeling of a reservation about it, but I have finally decided that it is time.  Of course, Mylee will have to wait a few years to carve her sweet little name into this beautiful piece of history. 

Can you imagine the worth of this thing some day.  It's worth will be priceless in the hearts of everyone in this family....

Regrets, I will have no regrets, especially when I see those precious names individually carved by such sweet tender hands.    

Shug......

   
I can't help but smile when I think of the joys in my life...

5 comments:

  1. Think you know this, but Hallee has her name engraved on my dining table - they were such precious children!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Hallee would do such a thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to have them carve their names!!I love the idea of the memory table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang...just lost my comment!

    What a grand idea. We have such a table in our family room that has a checker board painted smack in the middle of it. When it was new and the first grand came along I would cringe at every mar. Years and eight grands later I just have to laugh resignin' that the table just has more character. Heeehehehe!

    God bless and enjoy this beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the first time in a long time I didn't read your post yesterday, so am commenting on it today....glad Marsha fessed up to all her "hard" work when we were on our sister trips. Doesn't take much to make any of us laugh, so when we found out she took off to make it we still don't let her live it down! Ben doesn't like our sofa table because he thinks everytime one of the kids get too close to it they might fall & hit a corner then off to the ER they'd have to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...