Monday, August 23, 2010

Grow with confidence

The older I get, the more I learn about myself!...

This is so true....Perhaps I should say....The older I get, the more confidence I have in myself.

It has taken me a long time to realize my self worth.  For me it was to easy to be hung up on believing that it was my destiny to always be that shy, inverted person that I have always been.  Never being the first to reach out and be a friend.  Always wanting others to come to me and expecting them to help me move forward. 

I look back now and realize what I could have done, if I had only allowed myself to open up and not be afraid of everything and everyone.  Of course, it's not too late.  It is never too late!  The very first thing that must happen is to gain faith in yourself and to know that God wants this for you as well.  We are here on this earth to serve God and how can we possibly be our best at doing so, if we are to shy to reach out?

I have learned that it is alright to laugh at myself...  Before, if I made a mistake (especially in front of others) It would devastate me for days. 



I have learned to speak up for what I believe or for what I want.....I am entitled to an opinion just like anyone else.  Decisions made, may not be what I want, but at least I have expressed my opinion and I don't have to walk away feeling defeated. 




I have learned that I really do like colors.....I like all kinds of colors...Not just Black!





I have learned to say, No......


I have learned that I don't like turtle cheese cake and that I can have strawberry if I want it!



I have learned that I can have favorite people in my life....
I can have favorite places where I like to go.....
I can have favorite memories......

God has given me gifts to use and I can now see that I need to do all that I can to show Him how grateful I am to Him.....

I have learned....that it is GREAT to be ME!!

Shug..........

Be all that you can be, but allow yourself to grow with confidence


3 comments:

  1. You go GIRL!!! I am sooo proud of you!!!! I just knew your blog would be on first day of school. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was gonna blog about first day of school, but did not get home until after 9 last night...Didn't wake up until 6:40, just in time to take pictures of the kids....Long drive yesterday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I think that comes with maturity and hard knocks along the way. As for as saying no I told someone the other day with a medical condition that she had the right to say no to something she was offered. They had given it to her the night before and she took it with reservations, and suffered the consequences later. Glad you made it back safely. Keep us posted on Buster.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...