Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm not a Germaphobic

The other day, I was sitting in the waiting area at the doctor's office, while Sam finished his visit for the YEAR. ( If you are a people watcher, this is the perfect place to be.)

It seemed as if it was taking forever, so I started looking for something to read.  I might say, the choices were very limited.

Let's see........There was a Car and Driver magazine, or I could have chosen to read one of the 10  Sports Illustrated magazines that was sitting around.  Oh wait, there was a Popular Mechanics and a Hunting magazine as well.   I really had a choice didn't I.

I am sure that all of these are good magazines (For Men) but not for me.....

In speaking of magazines that you pick up and read while patiently waiting at a doctors office............Have you ever taken the time to think about the FUNK that lives on those things?

I know that they do not hand clean all of those magazines every day (or should I say, NOT ANY DAY)

I'm not a germaphobic or anything like that, but I can only imagine the hands that have thumbed through each one of those pages.  And how bout those that have to lick their finger to turn each page!

As a matter of fact (No kidding here)  there was a rather large women sitting a few chairs down from me and she had a couple of kids with her.  Her little girl had a bag of Cheetos and the mom was constantly reaching in the bag for her share of the snack.  She would stuff a Cheeto into her mouth and then after licking her finger, she would give it  that extra little wipe each time she turned the page on the one and only PARENT magazine in that office. 

I knew for sure that I wasn't going to pick up and read that magazine!!

I could tell by looking, that some of the reading material had been there for a very long time.  A dead give away is when the date of the magazine is April 2008.  That would mean that it was two years old.  Over 730 days and I am sure it has been in that office for at least 500 of those days.  If only 5 people a day looked at one single book, that would mean that at least 2500 hands have thumbed through those pages.

Makes me kinda glad to know that there really was not any of my kind of reading material available.  Now that I have taken the time to think about it, I will be taking my own book to read or maybe I had better stick to people watching.  That is really the most fun thing to do!

Shug..............

Optimism is a happiness magnet.  If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you!

1 comment:

  1. It does make you think doesn't it??

    Yuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I usually try to bring my own reading material but it's because of the date on most of the magazines but now.....


    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...