Sunday, June 13, 2010

Big ol' Hug

Hey There!  Have you ever had one of those half-way HUGS?  Like when two friends haven't seen each other in a while, or two people hug just because they know it is the right thing to do?

A half-way hug certainly is not very sincere.
It's as if you are being told, "I like you, but I don't love you" or you could get a "You smell like diarrhea" hug.  Some hugs make you feel like they are saying, "Don't hug my boobs" or "My spouse is watching" and then my favorite is the one where they stiffen up and seem to be saying, "Don't get in my Space."

There are truly a lot of different signals that people send when they avoid a good hug.
like, Don't mess up my hair, Don't put your arms around me cause I know I'm too fat, you're gonna mess up my make up, and even a I'm jealous of you hug.

People who do this really annoy me!  I had rather that they just come out and say, "Sorry, I was never taught how to hug, so I'm not gonna do it."
But, NO...those people that don't like to hug or don't know how, seem to want to make you  make you feel some rejection. 

I'm not a spiteful kind of person, but I don't usually let them get by with it. They would have been better off just giving me a good hug, because now they get to be the recipient of a Great BIG hug, from ME!!

I say loosen up people.  Accept a good ol' lovable hug and get over it.  I truly believe they would receive a Blessing if they would let their guard down. By doing so, they would realize how good it feels and probably would want another hug.  

Those are tender moments and a good hug lets a person know that they are appreciated.  Everyone should take pleasure in them.  Hugs have an expression in them and most people can read what you really feel.  All you need is a little love in your heart to be the giver of a warm hug. I promise you that your life will be more rewarding!

Shug........

Go ahead, Give someone a Big ol' Hug today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you sister.
    If you are going to give someone a hug then do it "right" or don't do it at all. How about
    the one armed hug--Yuck!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...