Monday, May 10, 2010

Stop and Smell the roses

This is a great Monday morning, and it was a fabulous Mother's day weekend! 

Yesterday morning started off a little rough, but each hour of the day grew to be better and better.  My brother (David) had to take my dad to the ER yesterday morning.  He was there earlier in the week as well.  He is 77 years old and has had 4 open heart surgeries.  Not four bypasses, but four different surgeries.  He has had to deal with a lot of stress and pain as a result of being opened up so many times.

The first thing they always do at the ER is assume that it is something heart related, so you spend hours waiting to rule out heart problems before they start to check other things.  I'm  not complaining about that though.  They are the doctors and they know what they are doing.

This time it is something completely different.  Seems his Thyroid is not working.  Believe me, I know all the things that can result due to having a very low thyroid.  I am not a doctor, but I do know that your thyroid  controls a lot of things going on in our bodies, and if it is not working good, you can become very ill.  He is now on medication and I am hoping that he feels better soon. 

Sam and Taylor were able to go to church with his mom and dad yesterday.  We seldom get to go to church with them and we were all looking forward to it.  I didn't make it home in time from the ER to go with them, but my heart was there.  What mom doesn't enjoy their children being in church with them?  I do have a wonderful mother-in-law.  The Best!  She has a wonderful, sweet and giving spirit and she loves people.  I love her and I hope she had a Blessed mother's day!

The rest of the day was good.  Sam, Taylor and I, along with the girls and their families all went to eat last night.  We ate at Springcreek B'BQ.  Yummy, it was so very good.  They gave me some beautiful gifts.  Who doesn't want Yellow Box Shoes, Brighton jewelry, and gifts from the new boutique that I love?  Great job Girls...you all did a super good job shopping for me....I love the gifts and I love you all...  Oh Geez,  how could I forget?  They got me the 100 foot water hose that I was wanting.... "They are the Best"


Feel really rested this morning.  Could it be the extra B12 I am taking.  Whatever it is, I like it.  Fixed breakfast early this morning, but Sam and Tucker had to leave before it was all done.  Tucker has to be in Dallas this morning for his monthly check-up and he absolutely loves for his Pops to take him.  Why???  because they are coming back by the Bass Pro Shop (again) after the appointment.  Tucker has been waiting on this all month long.  Seems that he and Pops found something up there last month that he wants to purchase today.....My bets would be that it pertains to hunting or fishing!  You think?

Again, another busy week....5 grandchildren playing ball = 10 games this week.  Taylor has the athletic banquet this week, as well as the Prom. That means, nails done, hair appointments, pick up dress and all that fun stuff.  Better make sure my camera is charged!

Life is sweet and I love every single minute of it!

Take time today to stop and smell the roses...It will remind you of just how sweet life really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...