Thursday, April 8, 2010

What on Earth!

What on Earth.....I have said that so many times about little things that I didn't understand, but today I am saying it in a bigger way...What On Earth!! I am talking about a situation that happened to us this past Sunday afternoon that still has my dandruff up!

Since there was no church Sunday evening, we decided to meet the kids in Tyler for dinner.  We were all going in seperate vehicles and were meeeting at 6:30.  Sam, Taylor and I had just crossed the bridges outside of town and we were just chatting as usual.  Suddenly, I saw a fast moving Truck pass by on the right shoulder and it seemed as if the driver and I were sitting right next to each other.  That is just how close they were to us.

Sam was driving and out of no where came this white truck in the left hand lane going at an estimated speed of 85 or 90.  It was obvious that the two were racing on a major highway.  The teal colored truck that passed us on the right shoulder was driving very erratic.  He ran up on a lady in a small red car and when he couldn't get around her, he then proceeded to pass her on the right shoulder.

Sam immediately called the DPS to report this unsafe driver as well as to inform them that it seemed the two were racing.  Little did we know that they had already passed our daughter and her family on The Right Shoulder before they passed us.  Our son-in-law also made a call to the DPS department to report their driving.  We were not able to read the full license plate number because they were traveling so fast, but we did give the DPS operator what we had.  It was a stepside truck, and I'm guessing there is not that many teal colored step side trucks around in the area. 

Not sure if anything was done or if the DPS even had time to check out the reports, but I do know that the families of those two young men should count their Blessings that they still have both of them today.  One small turn of the steering wheel or one pot whole could have resulted in a deadly accident. 

My heart was pounding and I am sure that all of us felt our blood pressure rise.  I thank God that we all were protected and made it home safe.  I'm not sure what would cause these two young kids to do something so dangerous that could have possibly cost them their lives or the lives of other innocent people. I was very angry at them.  I hope they they will grow up and become reponsible drivers for their sake and for the sake of others on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...