Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time for Time

Time is clicking away SO  Fast!
Where is it going?  It seems the older I get the faster time goes.
I don't even know what happened to Feburary and March.
I have always been one to keep a calendar.  As a matter of fact, I have a desk calendar, the main calendar in the kitchen that everyone follows, and a personal calendar.  I am constantly marking dates for birthdays, anniversary's, upcoming events and appointments.  If the girls can't remember a date, they usually just ask mom because I have it written down.  (I even love to draw cute little things on certain dates.  Like, I will draw a cake, birthday hat or etc. on someone's birthday.  Just a little extra to let everyone know that is a special day)

My point in all of this is to let you know that I forgot a very important date this past Saturday.  A very special friend called me a few weeks back and invited me to a fundraiser luncheon.  I was so excited because it was going to be held at a home for special needs adults.  This is a place that is dear to my heart because I myself have a neice that is a special needs person. 

I marked the date on my calendar and was looking forward to the event.  This past Sunday, just before Sunday School, another friend told me how much they missed me at the luncheon.  I still did not get it....
I said to her, "What luncheon" and she quickly reminded me of the date that I had missed.  How sad for me...I missed something that I was looking so forward to attending, and I also let a friend down.  The table that I was to sit at was the head table and it was quite obvious that I was not there.  Not only that, but I know there were others that would have loved to have had my spot....

It wasn't that I forgot about this special date, I just happened to mark it down on the wrong day.  Time is passing by fast and I think I know why...I have allowed myself to be TIME POOR.
In other words, I make the choice to fill each day of my calendar, never realizing that I need to set limits to what I do.
I also need to allow others to help me.  This is a big challenge for me because I am the kind of person that prefers to tend to things myself.  If I am in control of these details, then I know that the goals I have set are accomplished.  Appointments are kept, birthday's are remembered and we can all get to our events on time.
(But.....nobody is perfect and I certainly did make a mistake and will again)

I have apologized to my friend and I hope that in the future I will never allow myself to get too busy to respond to others.
I should always make time for kindess, friendship and love.

I do want to slow down and if TIME is passing by fast,
I want to enjoy every single minute of it.....

2 comments:

  1. This has happended to me before. I feel so guilty when I realize I have missed something so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you sister. Life over here is crazy this month. I hope your friend wasn't too upset. We all make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...